• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Friday 23 May 2014

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

I’ve gotten pretty sick of adventure games at the moment so I’m switching the SotD to FPS games for the rest of the month. Today’s shot is from Vampire Killer 24 (2014), the latest in the popular series of action packed games that gives the creatures of the night some of that divine smackdown they’ve got comin’ to ‘em for being the ugly, bloodthirsty bastards they are. I’m only armed with a revolver so I’m about to get my ass kicked, but what that creature doesn’t know is that I’m immortal as well thanks to unlimited game restores. He may win the battle, but the war is mine for the taking.

Either that or I’m lying and it’s just a shot from Dracula 2: The Last Sanctuary (2000). I liked the game, though I don’t really feel scenes like the above are at all necessary in any adventure game.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Dracula 2 is a great game, a couple of wanton & insane action sequencies notwithstanding.

Some jerks (in forums, reviews, etc.) told the developers that Dracula 1 (Resurrection) had been too easy, so they spiced D2’s puzzles a bit too much for my taste and that’s the only flaw (flaw? not really if you’re in a masochistic mood) of this game.

BTW, (although quite difficult) D2 is a piece of cake compared to D3.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Does that screenshot mean that the vampires in this game don’t have a bat-form, but rather a werebat-form???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

It means depilation was pricey at the turn of the century.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 23 May 2014 04:59 AM

It means depilation was pricey at the turn of the century.

Manicure/pedicure must have then cost a fortune.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

No, it was cheap. It’s just that HUGE nails were part of the image.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 23 May 2014 05:27 AM

No, it was cheap. It’s just that HUGE nails were part of the image.

OK. But I wanna ask something else - why, on the screenshot, is he aiming for the most “sensitive” area of a werebat?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Blame it on Bastich. You can aim at any part of monster’s body you want.

As far as I know it’s not necessary to shoot his balls off. Bastich probably did it just for fun.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

A flashlight would have been more effective than the gun on that creature.*  The timed sequences were a pain in the patootie, although this one was easy after I figured out what to shoot.  The underwater one was very frustrating.

*I think it might be a lupine chiroptera or maybe a mormoops (monster bat).  Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 23 May 2014 10:30 AM

although this one was easy after I figured out what to shoot.

Boom, headshot?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 23 May 2014 10:53 AM
Lady Kestrel - 23 May 2014 10:30 AM

although this one was easy after I figured out what to shoot.

Boom, headshot?

More like - “ballshot”. You know - “Shoot the eggs before they hatch!” Grin

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Actually, the thing you shoot is inanimate.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Lady Kestrel - 23 May 2014 03:04 PM

Actually, the thing you shoot is inanimate.

Now that’s just rude for the bat’s sexuality.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top