• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiefurgottenIronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 22 May 2014

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

I swear this is the longest month ever. Today’s shot is from Alida (2003), a Myst-like game about a bunch of super rich rock stars who build the world’s biggest guitar. There’s more to it, but it sounds cooler if I just leave it at that. This is one of the few pseudo-modern games I actually scanned the cover of so click below if interested.

Front Cover

Back Cover

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Putting the “clone” back in “Myst clone”, it seems.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Stupid Alida cost me a couple of points at last year’s MMFT.
The screenshot was messed up scrambled then, but nevertheless…

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I grabbed a copy of Alida as soon as it came out because Mac games for OS 9 were few and far between at the time (early 2000s).  Since I cut my gaming teeth on first person puzzle games, this one was a pleasure for me to play.  Based on input from early players like me, Cos Russo made some small changes for later versions of the game.  I’d always hoped he’d make a sequel, but I suspect, as is the case with many indy developers, that time and money were an issue.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Lady Kestrel - 22 May 2014 05:09 PM

I grabbed a copy of Alida as soon as it came out because Mac games for OS 9 were few and far between at the time (early 2000s).  Since I cut my gaming teeth on first person puzzle games, this one was a pleasure for me to play.  Based on input from early players like me, Cos Russo made some small changes for later versions of the game.  I’d always hoped he’d make a sequel, but I suspect, as is the case with many indy developers, that time and money were an issue.

I assume you have the original version he sold from his website then? I’m jealous.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I do indeed.  In fact, my purchase was Cos’ first commercial sale of the game.  I also have the OS X version published by Got Games Entertainment.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Lady Kestrel - 23 May 2014 10:37 AM

I do indeed.  In fact, my purchase was Cos’ first commercial sale of the game.  I also have the OS X version published by Got Games Entertainment.

What is the packaging like for the original? Does it have a box or just a DVD or CD case? Does the cover have the same picture as Got Games’ version?

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The original was just a 5-CD jewel case.  Here are the OS 9 front and back inserts, which are a bit different than later versions:

The first disc is from the original version.  It’s a silver background with black graphics, but my scanner made the rainbow effect.  The second disc is Got Games’ Mac OS X version, again with 5 CDs.  The graphics are silver on black, which I really like.  I think the later DVD Windows version has photos on the discs.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

WOW! Thanks a lot for the scans and info!!!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

You’re welcome!  Anything to please a gaming geek!  Wink

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top