• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinJdawg445Lady KestrelTimovieManwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Night Trap coming with Better Res

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/464168/night-trap-will-come-back-says-creator/

I appreciate your on-going interest,” Riley replied, “but please understand I do plan to re-release Night Trap and have been talking with a number of interested parties to do so. However, the specific platform(s) have not been confirmed (including online) and I will let you know once we have a definite plan and release schedule.

“Night Trap will come back, in better resolution and game play than before, we just want to be sure it’s the best strategy for all involved.”

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’ve never played this one, but lets hope they have the original film so they can actually capture video in higher resolution. Those Holmes games Zojoi managed to push out before they went full Shadowgate mode were pretty nice remasters.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

The game is basically a security guard simulator and relies heavily on rote memorisation causing you to replay again and again to get that happy ending. It’s a crude piece of work but it has kitschy appeal if you’re into FMV. Dana Plato looks good here too - such a shame.

I would purchase it again if they release it on DVD or Bluray although it has novelty value to me since it was banned in Australia.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Boy, does this one bring back memories. I have this game on my 3DO player. Despite low sales from 1994 - 2000 it was my favorite system to play adventure games on.

I have a copy in mint condition I fire up once every blue moon for fun. It’s an FMV game with limited play options but it caused quite a stir in it’s day.

Kinda cool in a VERY creepy way.

http://www.amazon.com/Night-Trap-3Do/dp/B000UFJE7U/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1400541087&sr=1-2&keywords=3do+night+trap

A real collector’s item now.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Night Trap is a rotten game. Gameplay consists of killing vampires and weird humanlike shapes that want to kill everything in sight. But the FMV and the acting were hilarious. A better resolution won’t change a thing. Stop the remakes already!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Karlok - 19 May 2014 07:55 PM

Night Trap is a rotten game. Gameplay consists of killing vampires and weird humanlike shapes that want to kill everything in sight. But the FMV and the acting were hilarious. A better resolution won’t change a thing. Stop the remakes already!

If anything deserves remakes, its the Adventure genre. What are you complaining about? There more than plenty of original IP’s. Remakes are far between, I don’t understand your frustration. Also, I never knew Vampires were involved in this game.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Monolith - 20 May 2014 12:11 AM

If anything deserves remakes, its the Adventure genre.

Night Trap is an action game, not an adventure. Trapping and killing the augers and the vampires is a matter of timing. And it’s all you do.

What are you complaining about? There more than plenty of original IP’s.

There are only a few “big” companies making adventures. The Kickstarter craze is over. The rest is real indies or small struggling companies. Like Daedalic, which was taken over a couple of days ago by a book publisher.

Also, I never knew Vampires were involved in this game.

Then you haven’t played Night Trap. Mom, Dad, brother, sister, they’re all vampires.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Karlok - 20 May 2014 03:49 AM

Night Trap is an action game, not an adventure. Trapping and killing the augers and the vampires is a matter of timing. And it’s all you do.

What are you complaining about? There more than plenty of original IP’s.

There are only a few “big” companies making adventures. The Kickstarter craze is over. The rest is real indies or small struggling companies. Like Daedalic, which was taken over a couple of days ago by a book publisher.

Also, I never knew Vampires were involved in this game.

Then you haven’t played Night Trap. Mom, Dad, brother, sister, they’re all vampires.

It was always labeled as Controversial Full Motion Video horror adventure game or
FMV interactive fiction, in both cases suitable like Dragon’slair and other
FMV games of 3DO MegaCD era.

@Vampires stuff
He must have played it while smoking. Need the brand name.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

nomadsoul - 20 May 2014 05:55 AM

It was always labeled as Controversial Full Motion Video horror adventure game or FMV interactive fiction, in both cases suitable like Dragon’slair and other FMV games of 3DO MegaCD era.

I’d call it an FMV Interactive Movie. In our niche world of Adventure players Interactive Fiction stands for text adventures.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Karlok - 20 May 2014 06:11 AM
nomadsoul - 20 May 2014 05:55 AM

It was always labeled as Controversial Full Motion Video horror adventure game or FMV interactive fiction, in both cases suitable like Dragon’slair and other FMV games of 3DO MegaCD era.

I’d call it an FMV Interactive Movie. In our niche world of Adventure players Interactive Fiction stands for text adventures.

Opinions are all over the place, i know , here IGN

http://www.ign.com/games/night-trap/sega-cd-5612

Genre: Adventure
Publisher: SEGA
Developer: Digital Pictures

Also read this,

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/28/4776614/how-night-trap-inspired-the-fmv-exploits-of-bear-stearns-bravo

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Those opinions usually belong to people who play other genres. Nobody except a few hardcore adventure fans has ever played text adventures/interactive fiction.

BTW, ign calls it an “action game” in your link. And that’s what it is.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Count me in as also not knowing this game had vampires! But I never played it and all I remember from the Mega CD videos is the teenage girls running around with some guys running around in black masks hidding.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

tomimt - 19 May 2014 11:55 AM

I’ve never played this one, but lets hope they have the original film so they can actually capture video in higher resolution. Those Holmes games Zojoi managed to push out before they went full Shadowgate mode were pretty nice remasters.

Yeah, I’m sure they do. This was shot on video, not film, of course, but it was originally made for an unreleased tape-based system that allowed for 8 parallel “tracks” of video, so they could probably go from that if worse came to worse.

That’s why this game is so blatantly 80s even though it came out in the 90s, by the way. It was originally meant to come out in like 1985. It probably would have seemed a lot better then. That’s why it’s designed so all the video progresses in parallel too. Sewer Shark was also like this.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Monolith - 20 May 2014 12:11 AM

If anything deserves remakes, its the Adventure genre. What are you complaining about? There more than plenty of original IP’s. Remakes are far between, I don’t understand your frustration. Also, I never knew Vampires were involved in this game.

Night Trap is in no way, shape, or form an adventure game. You just switch between camera feeds and try to catch vampires in traps before they kill co-eds. It’s all just memorizing what vampire pops up where and making sure you’re watching that camera at that time. There’s no adventure component at all.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Come on guys, there’s room for EVERYTHING here in the Adventure Game genre!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Lambonius - 20 May 2014 12:05 PM

Come on guys, there’s room for EVERYTHING here in the Adventure Game genre!

No, there isn’t.
Not true.
NO! Nonononononono!!

Lambonius  Pan

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top