• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 11 May 2014

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Y2K: The Game (1999). What to say? I guess I’m still trying to figure out why this game took 2 CDS considering how short it is and how small the environments.

The game has an odd interface that’s somewhat similar to Gabriel Knight 3. It’s a third person game and you use the camera to look around, except you can’t move around the room with the camera. It’s locked in place. It can also be rather annoying in that you have to be in certain views to interact with things, making even really obvious things easy to miss sometimes.

This is also one of those games that gives you nothing but repetitive canned responses over and over again for just about everything you try to examine. It’s a pretty poor game. The humor was lame as well. I don’t recommend this one.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

100 pieces of eight to anyone who can think of 3 other games with the titles starting with letter “Y”.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Yoshi’s Island, Yoshi’s Story, Yoshi’s New Island.

To keep this post adventure related, here’s Yoshi in Mario is Missing.

Edit: Yoshi.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

diego - 11 May 2014 04:21 AM

100 pieces of eight to anyone who can think of 3 other adventure games with the titles starting with letter “Y”.

Fix’d.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Yoomurjak’s Ring, Yesterday and Year Walk Smile

Okay - I admit it, I had to look that last one up.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

There’s also Yellow Brick Road and the German game Yucatan, das Gold der Mayas. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Y2K is a very strange beast, obviously made to cash in on the year 2000 (and all the fears it brought). The main hero is a geek with a zero personality who is always stuck in a stupid pose in the middle of the scene Smile Puzzles are of your standard Myst sort with some inventory thrown in. But it is still worth playing for the music (some really good ambient pieces, although they can be easily copied to the hard drive) and awesome voiceovers by Dan Castellaneta and Michael Bell. I quite enjoyed the game for those reasons at the time.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I would not call Yellow Brick Road an adventure. It’s an action game for children.  Children may like it, I got bored.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top