• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 8 May 2014

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

In the 1st Degree (1995) is an FMV game where you play a district attorney in charge of prosecuting a murder case and an art theft. You’ll watch the police interrogations, look over the evidence and interview all the witnesses in order to win your case in court.

In essence, the game is just one giant dialogue puzzle. The manner in which you ask your questions has an impact on how witnesses will react later on in the courtroom. Piss someone off and they may not be cooperative on the stand for instance. Fortunately, you can skip the video sequences as you will likely need to play the game several times through in order to get the best possible verdicts from the jury.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

I really wanted to replay this a while back, since I hadn’t played it since I was a kid.  But I had the hardest time in the world getting it to work on a modern computer.

The program seemed to insist on being run on an old Windows operating system.

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Not that it helps you, but I ran it inside a Win98SE virtual machine (Virtual Box) in Windows 7 just fine.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well, that definitely sounds like an interesting game…

How’s the execution of it?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Does this game had anything to do with Murder in the First? They are even both released the year 1995!!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Bastich - 07 May 2014 09:01 PM

to get the best possible verdicts from the jury.

TimovieMan - 08 May 2014 06:48 AM

Pun intended?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

TimovieMan - 08 May 2014 06:48 AM

Well, that definitely sounds like an interesting game…

From what I remember, it was very well done, and the game got very good reviews when it came out.

I think I was a bit young for it at the time though, as I was more frustrated by the lack of a variety of gameplay then.  It’s very focused on the trial.  Researching the case and then asking the right questions, and that type of thing.  And it seemed quite difficult to get the best possible verdict and uncover all of the parts of the case.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 08 May 2014 09:46 AM

Pun intended?

Not intended, but not unnoticed either. I contemplated mocking the pun, but decided against it… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top