• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 6 May 2014

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Entombed (1994) is a first person puzzle game whose premise is described in the screenshot above. You are trapped and need to find your way out. From what I’ve played it seemed okay, albeit a bit repetitive in that you do the same puzzles in different variations over and over again. I was unable to finish the game due to what seems to be technical difficulties. There’s an enhanced version that was released a few years later, but I don’t recall what the differences were. I should try that one. Maybe I’ll have better luck.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Entombed has already been used by Kurufinwe.

Registered to zobraks? Cool!  Cool

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Karlok - 05 May 2014 09:08 PM

Entombed has already been used by Kurufinwe.

And this is different from the other twenty or so times I repeated him in the past how?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yeah, but all of them except two during Goregasm Month. Day of the Tentacle on Thanksgiving. Tony Tough was the only exception and I commented on that one as well.

Registered to zobraks? Cool!  Cool

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Why would they waste part of the screen merely to tell the player who his copy is registered to?

Also, I hope they do more with that right bar than just those icons at the bottom. Maybe a map or inventory screen???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I knew you’re Zobraks.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Bastich - 05 May 2014 08:55 PM

There’s an enhanced version that was released a few years later, but I don’t recall what the differences were.

Here it is:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

diego - 06 May 2014 06:45 AM

I knew you’re Zobraks.

Hey, we’re all Tito zobraks.

Me too.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

TimovieMan - 06 May 2014 06:33 AM

Why would they waste part of the screen merely to tell the player who his copy is registered to?

I think it was a shareware game, meaning their profits were based on people trying it and liking it enough to proceed and proudly “register”.

Not that this really explains why they need 1/4 of the screen to do this.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 06 May 2014 06:45 AM

I knew you’re Zobraks.

Where’s the obligatory smiley to show us you don’t know a thing?

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

Am I the only one that thinks that guy is dressed rather nicely for an archeaologist on a dig?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Mister Ed - 06 May 2014 09:37 AM

Am I the only one that thinks that guy is dressed rather nicely for an archeaologist on a dig?

Hey, Tarsus is a pretty classy joint. If you don’t look the part you may be liable to take a fall Wink

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

TimovieMan - 06 May 2014 06:33 AM

That only appears on the title screen and during the intro. As you can probably guess by my personalizing the shot for zobraks, you can register it in any name you want when you install the game.

Also, I hope they do more with that right bar than just those icons at the bottom. Maybe a map or inventory screen???

That’s exactly what they use it for. Here’s another screenshot:

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Karlok - 06 May 2014 06:13 AM

Yeah, but all of them except two during Goregasm Month. Day of the Tentacle on Thanksgiving. Tony Tough was the only exception

Interesting. Can I try?

Garfield was the only US President with a beard. Never mind presidents like Lincoln, Hayes and Grant who came before and Harrison who came after. They aren’t the bearded president you’re looking for. [Waves hand.] You can go about your business…

How did I do?

and I commented on that one as well.

And what was my reply?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

LOL! You asked a question: How were they different? I answered your question.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Bastich - 06 May 2014 02:17 PM

As you can probably guess by my personalizing the shot for zobraks, you can register it in any name you want when you install the game.

What’s the point of that???

That’s exactly what they use it for. Here’s another screenshot:

Justifies the interface, then. Plus I assume that the square viewing screen was a stylistic choice as well (that intro shot seems to have a comic vibe to it)...

@ Karlok: it’s Adventure Game Scene of the Day, not just Adventure Game of the Day. Repetition of games is not only allowed, it’s practically inevitable…

In fact, it’d be perfectly okay to hold a week (or even month) of AGSotD that’s dedicated to a single game (“The Longest Journey” Month, for instance) where each day a new scene from the same game gets posted… Tongue

Personally, I think it’s an amazing feat that there’s been so little game repetition here (and even moreso that Bastich seems to have played almost all of them)...

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top