• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 1 May 2014

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

L-Zone (1992) is my least favorite of Haruhiko Shono’s games which include Alice: An Interactive Museum and Gadget. There’s no real gameplay and it has rather boring sci-fi/industrial environments. If you’ve ever walked into a music store and fooled around with a synthesizer, you’ve pretty much played this game as you often do little more than press buttons on machines and listen to various looped sounds and music as you do so. I was very disappointed.

On a lighter note, today is the first of May and I’ve brushed the dust off of my axe, pulled my codpiece and spandex out of the closet, permed my back hair (it’s all I have left) and recorded a small excerpt of a popular 80s hard rock song that is an appropriate theme for me this month. I apologize if the recording is of low quality and/or mixed poorly but my equipment is old and I have tinnitus and hearing damage which makes it pretty much impossible to for me to do such things well any more. It’s painful and piercing to one of my ears and dull and muted to the other. I haven’t the slightest idea how it sounds to someone with good ears.

Here it is. (Right Click Save Link As if you want the actual file or whatever the equivalent is for your particular browser)

Anyway, here’s my cat laying down the rhythm track:

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I love your interpretation of the song Bastich & your cat is so cute but sadly, does that mean you’re coming to the end of posting screens for AGSotD?

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Really? No cat meowing the final countdown, etc? I’m disappointed.
(Just kidding. Very good job.)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Ok ,I think can post something that has nothin to do with adventuring.

It’s beautiful ,really . You needed just to turn of the click track ,that’s all.
That not a les Paul ,right ,Ibanez i guess?.

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

chrissie - 01 May 2014 03:18 AM

I love your interpretation of the song Bastich & your cat is so cute but sadly, does that mean you’re coming to the end of posting screens for AGSotD?

I probably should have used a winking smiley as that cat is just a random animated gif I found via an internet search just prior to posting. I don’t own any cats. I like them, but I think my dog would probably eat them.

As for the AGSotD? Yes, this is the last month I will be doing it. So if anyone out there is interested, it’s all yours on June 1st.

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Advie - 01 May 2014 09:59 AM

Ha ha! It worked! I knew I could get you to come out of hiding with some guitar playing. Smile

Like I previously mentioned to chrissie, that’s not my picture and I have no idea what kind of guitar that is. The last electric guitar I purchased (22 years ago!!) and which I used to record that is a 1992 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 10 Top like the one for sale here.

The only difference is that mine’s a different color called Charcoal Burst. The following picture is a much later model year, but looks exactly like mine:

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Show-off.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Bastich - 01 May 2014 11:34 PM
chrissie - 01 May 2014 03:18 AM

but sadly, does that mean you’re coming to the end of posting screens for AGSotD?

As for the AGSotD? Yes, this is the last month I will be doing it. So if anyone out there is interested, it’s all yours on June 1st.

I am, but like I said before: I don’t want to do it alone every single day of the week. Chrissie, are you interested as well? Anybody else?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Bastich - 30 April 2014 09:44 PM

Here it is. (Right Click Save Link As if you want the actual file or whatever the equivalent is for your particular browser)

I thought you only play games! Tongue Great sound and mix! And I love the subtle power chords. As for the guitar, I was never fond of those non-classic fret marks, but now looking at yours… are those birds?

zobraks - 02 May 2014 04:17 AM

Show-off.

Ok, since Bastich decides to “leave” AGSOTD (but I’m sure he’ll stick around), here’s my cover - Bastich’s Ballad!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 02 May 2014 04:35 AM
Bastich - 01 May 2014 11:34 PM

I am, but like I said before: I don’t want to do it alone every single day of the week. Chrissie, are you interested as well? Anybody else?

I could possibly commit to one day a week Karlok but if it’s a joint effort between a few people it would be helpful to have a plan! I’ll send you a PM with an idea!

diego - 02 May 2014 05:10 AM

Ok, since Bastich decides to “leave” AGSOTD (but I’m sure he’ll stick around), here’s my cover - Bastich’s Ballad!

That’s really lovely diego!

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Bastich - 01 May 2014 11:42 PM
Advie - 01 May 2014 09:59 AM

Ha ha! It worked! I knew I could get you to come out of hiding with some guitar playing. Smile

Like I previously mentioned to chrissie, that’s not my picture and I have no idea what kind of guitar that is. The last electric guitar I purchased (22 years ago!!) and which I used to record that is a 1992 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 10 Top like the one for sale here.

The only difference is that mine’s a different color called Charcoal Burst. The following picture is a much later model year, but looks exactly like mine:

Back in the day when I was a rock star NOT I bought a Gibson 335-TDC for $250 and sold it for $500 because I needed the money. This was in the mid-60s so it was a genuine Kalamazoo instrument.

Values fluctuate. But I’ve seen them go from $7000 to $40,000 depending on the serial number. BTW, I used to have a baseball card collection as well.

Color me pissed!

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I was thinking the other day that you’ve been at this for a long time, Bastich, and don’t blame you for wanting to wrap it up finally.  This old broad doesn’t recognize the song you played (the 60s are more my speed), but it sounds terrific.

I liked your cover, too, Diego. Thumbs Up

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

diego - 02 May 2014 05:10 AM

I thought you only play games! Tongue

I don’t really play guitar very much any more. That’s my first recording in about a decade. It’s a lot like riding a bike though in that you never really lose the skill and that Europe song isn’t all that difficult to play.

As for the guitar, I was never fond of those non-classic fret marks, but now looking at yours… are those birds?

Yes, those are birds. I found out today with an Internet search that each one is a specific bird, something I never knew before. From top to bottom they are:

Peregrine falcon
Marsh hawk
Ruby throated hummingbird
Common tern
Coopers hawk
Kite
Sparrow landing
Storm petrel
Hawk landing
Screech owl on a branch (24-fret models only)

Nice! It’s an awesome contrast to my more aggressive version.

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

rtrooney - 02 May 2014 08:51 PM

Back in the day when I was a rock star NOT I bought a Gibson 335-TDC for $250 and sold it for $500 because I needed the money. This was in the mid-60s so it was a genuine Kalamazoo instrument.

Values fluctuate. But I’ve seen them go from $7000 to $40,000 depending on the serial number. BTW, I used to have a baseball card collection as well.

Color me pissed!

My guitar isn’t a collector’s item at all. It’s worth less than I paid for it. It’s a quality instrument though and I’ve enjoyed playing it a lot.

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Here’s the video of the song I covered for those who are unfamiliar with it. The part I played starts at about 3:15. It’s actually a little different than I remembered and I used a guitar for the synth parts but my version is still pretty close.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Nice rendition.  And great job with this whole thing.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top