• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiediego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz: “Chapter One” - Chapter I

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

These are rebuses, and *sort* of a rebuses for adventure game chapter names. You know, if I wanted to hint at “Four Map Pieces” chapter from Monkey Island 2, I’d say:

(yeah, like you’re getting such easy ones! Naughty)

Rules: PM only, guess as many as you like. Hints to come later. (I think all games are from AG’s Top 100)

5. +

9. i=u

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I like the idea of a rebus quiz, diego. But it’s too hard for me.  Embarassed

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

I will also pass this one, but whole rebus idea is not to bad.Good luck to everyone. Smile

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

Like the rubuses. But chapter titles, that’s hard.  Gasp
I’ll send a few wild, and not so wild, guesses anyway.

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

I know #8.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

br305893, if you want to take part you need to send a PM to diego & not post your answers here! Please delete your answer!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Hints:

1. In the jungle, the mightly jungle, the lion streets tonight

3. It doesn’t matter which year it is, but it does matter it’s January 2nd.

4. Back to the Jedi.

5. +

6. That’s queen from Alice in Wonderland and King Kong from, err, King Kong.

7. The comment for the second picture from Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon goes: “The temple rises majestically out of the mist. Plus the ground you’re standing on is soft and squishy, so you’re sinking a little.”

9. i=u

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Scores:

chrissie - 5
TimovieMan - 4
HandsFree - 7
br305893 - 1
Karlok - 5

Next batch of hints: (some will probably confuse you even more Naughty)

4. Love-hate protagonist.

5. What genre does the guns remind you of? BTW, abbreviations do matter.

7. 3 protagonists

Poor Yoruck, U knew hum well.

10. Anyone up for a community playthrough?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It’s mostly a rebus-by-association, which makes it very hard. And a bit unfair.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 27 April 2014 10:00 AM

It’s mostly a rebus-by-association, which makes it very hard. And a bit unfair.

So be it. Long gone are the days when my quizzes were over in less than a day. Revenge of the evil rebuses. Naughty  BTW, no one got the title pun? Cry (I planned Chapter 2, but since everyone is so “thrilled” with these rebuses…)

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 7
TimovieMan - 4
HandsFree - 7
br305893 - 1
Karlok - 5
jabod - 1
Iznogood - 3

Answers:

1.  A Lion is in the Streets (The Longest Journey)
2. Kiss of the Spider Monkey (The Curse of Monkey Island)
3. Day 2 (Gabriel Knight 1)
4. Return of the Future (Black Mirror)
5. Guns & Neuroses (Freddy Pharkas)
6. Queen Kong (Discworld 2)
7. The Sunken Temple (The Book of Unwritten Tales)
8. Morpheus (Dreamfall)
9. The Skull of Yoruk (Zork Grand Inqusitor, not really a chapter)
10. Ladies in Waiting (The Pandora Directive)

Thank you for playing! Tongue The next one will be more tougher easier!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Day Two

WHAT?!?

I spent so much time trying to figure out your hints! Boy, do I resent this kind of joke. You’ve lost me as a participant in your next quiz. My solutions were just as acceptable as your absurd Day Two.

And the Skull of Yorick (yes, that’s how it’s spelled) is a CHAPTER? Please provide a screenshot of that chapter title in the game! No, I’ll make it even easier for you: post a screenshot of ANY chapter in Zork GI!  Angry

EDIT: I’m not going to check, but looking at the answers I think that none of the five “chapters” I missed are chapters at all.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 28 April 2014 05:41 AM

My solutions were just as acceptable as your absurd Day Two.

I know. That’s why I prepared a:

Behind the Scenes Special!

8. HandsFree had come up with an observant Upon Reflection from L.A. Noire

1. chrissie thought of “Into the Lion’s Den” from Lost Horizon.

4. chrissie deductively figured it’s “There and Back Again” from The Longest Journey.

3. Karlok had come up with a smart “The Day After” from Indigo Prophecy, and (I admit, brilliant) 201 from Dreamfall.

9. Tim had come up with a witty Mel Gubson from… err, well if it was a chapter he would have gotten 10 points. Tongue

Karlok - 28 April 2014 05:41 AM

And the Skull of Yoruk is a CHAPTER? Please provide a screenshot of that chapter title in the game! No, I’ll make it even easier for you: post a screenshot of ANY chapter in Zork GI!  Angry

Sue me! No, even better - sue Balmoral Software Frown

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

So you haven’t played the games. Some are actual chapter titles, some are headers in a walkthrough??? And thanks for pointing me to a site that I don’t want to visit because my site advisor tells me not to go there.

Anyway, hats off to the participants who didn’t take “chapter name” literally.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 28 April 2014 06:09 AM

And thanks for pointing me to a site that I don’t want to visit because my site advisor tells me not to go there.

Urgh… here’s another one.

Karlok - 28 April 2014 06:09 AM

Some are actual chapter titles, some are headers in a walkthrough???

Only ZGI Tongue

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I don’t need a link to a Zork GI walkthrough, I know the game by heart.

EDIT: Sorry for flying off the handle, Diego. I know you put a lot of effort in your quizzes.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top