• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Moebius

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Okay I need another hint. I’m at the truck near the fortress and after I put the grenade on the rocks what do I do? Distracting the guard doesn’t work. I’m hoping to finish the game tonight.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Zifnab - 17 April 2014 08:04 AM

Okay I need another hint. I’m at the truck near the fortress and after I put the grenade on the rocks what do I do? Distracting the guard doesn’t work. I’m hoping to finish the game tonight.

You need to explode the granade same time with the distraction.

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I can’t. The mouse disappears when the flashbang goes off, and if I do it when it returns I get a death screen.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

just hit the button just before the flashbang timer hits zero. It should work. It’s a poorly designed puzzle.

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2012-01-24

PM

Get the grenade and a new flashbang. Put the grenade on the grate. On the left side of the screen you should get an image of the remote control of the grenade. Put the flashbang at the tent or behind one of the trucks. Set it to go off in 30 sec. You should get a timer with a countdown from 30 to 0. When the time is almost up, in the last few seconds before the flashbang goes off, press the button of the remote of the grenade. Make sure you are not to close to the grenade. Perhaps you should not be too close to the soldier but I’m not sure about that. Get ready for a maze.

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

I can understand the criticism being made, but I’m still enjoying the game. I’m so far on chapter 6 and I don’t really know what’s going to happen. It’s not boring me anyway and thats more than I can say for BS 5 Episode 1. At least Jane Jensen can hopefully come away from this and process the constructive criticism so that her next game doesn’t see the same problems. For me, if anything, some of the lo-res sections bother me a little bit. The animations aren’t bothering me, I know they aren’t great but neither are a lot of adventure games character animations. I only wish the characters moved a bit quicker! I prefer it if you could double click to run across the screen instead of double clicking to magically teleport. I still really want a game from JJ that’s a lot more adult and dark, with a sinister tone.

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Heh. Ms Jensen never did know how to finish a game, did she? I imagine her sitting at her desk with her pen for days, never being able to decide which kind of maze to use. It’s an artform, ya know?

Okay i’m done. It was an enjoyable game. I woudldn’t mind seeing a sequel. Malachi was far more interesting than I thought he would be during the previews. The only thing that was disappointing was that the story wasn’t really wrapped up. The conclusion was “okay, I survived. Great”. What about the Moebius project? The implications of Rector’s destiny? If he’s fated to be burned at the stake can he avoid that by telling his boss to shove a flagpole up his ass?

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2011-11-22

PM

aaroncarney - 17 April 2014 09:29 AM

some of the lo-res sections bother me a little bit.

What graphics setting are you running at? It affects the resolution of the background image, and for me, some of the backgrounds didn’t look acceptable at any setting other than “Fantastic”.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Zifnab - 17 April 2014 09:38 AM

Heh. Ms Jensen never did know how to finish a game, did she? I imagine her sitting at her desk with her pen for days, never being able to decide which kind of maze to use. It’s an artform, ya know?

Okay i’m done. It was an enjoyable game. I woudldn’t mind seeing a sequel. Malachi was far more interesting than I thought he would be during the previews. The only thing that was disappointing was that the story wasn’t really wrapped up. The conclusion was “okay, I survived. Great”. What about the Moebius project? The implications of Rector’s destiny? If he’s fated to be burned at the stake can he avoid that by telling his boss to shove a flagpole up his ass?

I used to hate the ending sequence of GK2 the most but surprisingly after replay session it’s the strongest one of the endings. GK1 had dead ends and GK3 had too many trapdoors for it to be fun. The “maze” in GK2 was very logical in the end, if you didn’t freak out about it (which I did the first time).

In Moebius I also feel that the maze was by no means terrible. But it wasn’t a great puzzle like it was in GK2, so I definitely understand the criticism of just prolonging the actual ending. And I found the grenade puzzle to be a bit weird too.

I’d also like to get a bit more info on all of the things that we had a glimpse during the game but I’m trying to be optimistic about a sequel. This story told us how the protagonists became friends and I think it was a good story and works on itself.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

Rufus - 17 April 2014 10:00 AM
aaroncarney - 17 April 2014 09:29 AM

some of the lo-res sections bother me a little bit.

What graphics setting are you running at? It affects the resolution of the background image, and for me, some of the backgrounds didn’t look acceptable at any setting other than “Fantastic”.

I have it set at the highest resolution but with the “fastest” setting just because the characters moved so slow!

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2011-11-22

PM

I didn’t see any difference in performance when changing the quality setting. I got 20-30 fps regardless, which for me is playable for an adventure game.

Joined 2012-01-24

PM

Actually I really liked the ending. I would love a sequel, because I found the characters and their universe interesting, but I feel the story closes well enough even without it. Malachi asking David to call him Kye was a great ending and a fine emotional pay-off.

As for lo-res sections, running the game on fantastic I really didn’t see any. The backgrounds were all very sharp. Only Cairo was a bit blurry, but I think this was deliberate to give the feeling of the heat and dust that make everything seem a bit blurry.

It’s nice to see people actually talking about the merits and the weaknesses of the game instead of ceaselessly bashing the graphics.

Joined 2012-01-24

PM

aaroncarney - 17 April 2014 10:31 AM

I have it set at the highest resolution but with the “fastest” setting just because the characters moved so slow!

No wonder you saw low-res backgrounds. I remember trying the lower setting once on Cognition. You should change the setting to “fantastic” immediately. The backgrounds are completely ruined at any other setting. Slower walking characters are infinitely preferable and the difference in speed is not that significant anyway. Believe me, one thing in which this game is definitely not lacking is sharpness in the backgrounds, provided you use the fantastic setting.

Total Posts: 2061

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Finished the game and waited some time for emotions to cool down. I can say I very much enjoyed Moebius, definitely more than Gray Matter. The story is refreshing, has a nice flow and makes you think about it after the ending. I like how Jane tried to make every of the 7 chapters different: slow investigation, quick “action” part, circumnavigation, “mystery mansion”, even a maze. Seven shades of adventure Smile I didn’t have much trouble with the latter, but it was out of place.

Malachi and David are well-written, their characters and relationship are given more dimension with every chapter. I’d like to see them in a sequel close to Gabriel Knight, with only a bunch of characters who are given more time to open. As much as I enjoyed investigation and deduction parts, I feel it’s unconvincing when Malachi spends the whole chapter gathering clues about one person and then jumps to conclusions after 5 minutes with the main villain. Inventory puzzles are nothing special, but they seemed like an added feature to me, not the main focus.

tomimt - 17 April 2014 08:38 AM

It should work. It’s a poorly designed puzzle.

I figured this one on the first try, and I actually thought it was a smart puzzle not worth spoiling.

Music deserves special mention - wonderful Robert Holmes, really helps to create the mood. I also enjoyed the artistic direction the game was aiming at, especially in videos. But technical and commercial limitations show here. Maybe they will release a patch or director’s cut that improves models and performance. The game is unfinished and needs some more work. But as far as adventure goes, I’m satisfied with what I got. This is the most well-written, deep and intelligent ag of recent years.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2012-01-24

PM

Nice review!

Doom - 17 April 2014 11:10 AM
tomimt - 17 April 2014 08:38 AM

It should work. It’s a poorly designed puzzle.

I figured this one from the first try, and I actually thought it was a smart puzzle not worth spoiling.

Actually that was one of my favorite puzzles too and thankfully the timer was very lenient.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top