• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Moebius

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

chrissie - 16 April 2014 10:14 AM

I’ve now played more & I’ve changed my mind about the characters & animation - the game looks beautiful & the characters are well observed & do suit the background! It’s just a pity that the opening scene with Malachi in his shop doesn’t give the best impression!

They get better as they go along. The developers started at the beginning and worked their way through the chapters and you can kind of see how they improved over a year and a half of development.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I’m with you chrissie! I love the characters in the background here. Reminds me of those highly pixellated early 90s FMV games and LINKS (the golf game). The game has a great visual style.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

chrissie - 16 April 2014 11:08 AM

Stockholm syndrome?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

tomimt - 16 April 2014 11:48 AM
chrissie - 16 April 2014 11:08 AM

Stockholm syndrome?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

Thanks for the link explaining tomimt! - I may have needed to work on being afflicted with that Syndrome to have continued with the characters in the opening scene but I shortly afterwards saw such an improvement I now think that POS have done a pretty good job! I’m clean!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Zifnab - 16 April 2014 11:26 AM

I’m with you chrissie! I love the characters in the background here. Reminds me of those highly pixellated early 90s FMV games and LINKS (the golf game). The game has a great visual style.

Yes! apart from that opening scene I agree - shortly afterwards I did see & appreciate the style!

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Wow! I just see here people telling the game is a “shit of a game, animation is terrible, story is a crap, puzzles are terrible constructions, etc…”. Jees! If you want people like me (not a baker) to not buy this game, you already did a good job! You just put this game as the lowest expectation someone would have. Come one, guys! Stop degradating a game that we, adventure gamers, want more than anything. WE WANT ADVENTURE GAMES! If it is not as everyone expected, give us a brake! I don’t care if the animation is not top notch, I just want a new AG and have fun with it. You gotta be more lighter on the reviews, guys. Jane Jensen deserves more respect for all that she did to us. And I will buy the game anyway, dispise the criticism you are all putting into it. That is the way you want adventure games come back as they were in the 90’s???

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/moebius-empire-rising/critic-reviews

hmmm its all very mixed, but not great!

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

I kind of think the bad reviews are due to the team that Jane Jensen has chosen (POS). Not very experienced and I would still say quite amateur. I really hope some day soon Jane gets behind a successful studio to bring her stories to life.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

aaroncarney - 16 April 2014 01:27 PM

I kind of think the bad reviews are due to the team that Jane Jensen has chosen (POS). Not very experienced and I would still say quite amateur. I really hope some day soon Jane gets behind a successful studio to bring her stories to life.

Of course you’re right, since we all know that Jane Jensen is infallible and gave POS complete freedom to do whatever they wanted to her story with absolutely no oversight.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

As far as I’ve played I think the ‘amateurish’ studio was a good choice given a limited budget - I think they’ve done a great job based on as far as I’ve got!!

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

It’s pointless to start blaming any source on why there are bad reviews. There are many things in play here and certainly each one of them has had an effect on the end result. The best thing to do here is to look at what things are especially under criticism, and learn from that and then move forward with those things in mind and with what resources they will have.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I doubt it.

It feels like a Jane Jensen game. I’ve played POS’s previous games and not thought much of them. This is by far their best work, even if it isn’t Jensen’s.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

It’s silly to suggest that if only Jane had chosen another team, she would have ended up with a totally different game. She only raised $435k (a fraction of the budget for her previous adventures) and her design was ambitious. She stated in a post that was quoted a few pages back that Phoenix volunteered a lot of their time to get the game finished. If it weren’t for Phoenix Online this game would not exist.

UruBoo - 16 April 2014 01:04 PM

Wow! I just see here people telling the game is a “shit of a game, animation is terrible, story is a crap, puzzles are terrible constructions, etc…”. Jees! If you want people like me (not a baker) to not buy this game, you already did a good job! You just put this game as the lowest expectation someone would have. Come one, guys! Stop degradating a game that we, adventure gamers, want more than anything. WE WANT ADVENTURE GAMES! If it is not as everyone expected, give us a brake! I don’t care if the animation is not top notch, I just want a new AG and have fun with it. You gotta be more lighter on the reviews, guys. Jane Jensen deserves more respect for all that she did to us. And I will buy the game anyway, dispise the criticism you are all putting into it. That is the way you want adventure games come back as they were in the 90’s???

Thank you for this post! I agree 100%!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Me too!!!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have just reached chapter 4 and I have to say, so far I’m really enjoying it!

Yes - it is not a perfect game and the animations and character models are pretty bad, but I can easily overlook that, and it has an intriguing story, an interesting protagonist, some nice background art and a new interesting and well working puzzle concept with the analyse feature, and what more can you really ask for?

Okay the story is pretty extremely far fetched and contains a lot of supernatural mumbo jumbo, in fact too much supernatural mumbo jumbo for my personal taste, but that has always been the trademark of Jane Jensen, and to me it does fells very much like a Jensen game.

I also don’t really understand where all the hate and rants against POS is coming from? As far as I can tell they have done a pretty decent job with a limited budget, sure if the budget was 10 times larger then I would also have expected a more polished and perhaps longer game, but it wasn’t and it is fine as it is. It is almost like there are some that wants to put the blame on POS simply because they have too much respect to blame Jensen for not making a game to their liking.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top