• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Moebius

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Someone please tell me how to get to the airport? I’ve just been told to go to Venice but nothing shows up on the map. Please don’t tell me it’s one of those games where I have to examine everything before I can move on.  Sealed Lips

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I started playing Moebius last night. Although I’m a backer, I hadn’t kept track of the development, not interested enough I guess, and I wasn’t prepared for the real ugly characters (those shoulders!) and the terrible animation.  Frown  Stopped playing after an hour. I will continue tonight, hoping the story and writing will get more interesting. 

EDIT: Moebius on hold. I am looking forward to playing the second part of Broken Sword 5 tonight. Smile

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 200

Joined 2006-05-29

PM

Zifnab - 16 April 2014 07:35 AM

Someone please tell me how to get to the airport? I’ve just been told to go to Venice but nothing shows up on the map. Please don’t tell me it’s one of those games where I have to examine everything before I can move on.  Sealed Lips

Have you picked up your plane tickets from the security guard?

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

noknowncure - 16 April 2014 07:50 AM
Zifnab - 16 April 2014 07:35 AM

Have you picked up your plane tickets from the security guard?

Why the hell the guard says “bye” to me without giving me the tickets?

*sigh* I see it’s going to be that kind of game Mini Frown

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2011-11-22

PM

Played the first two chapters, it’s fine.
The negatives have been well documented (bad animation and slightly clunky interface), but it does have much better written and acted dialog than most modern adventures - so far I haven’t been clicking through it, which I almost always end up doing in other games. I think that it helps that Jensen is also a novelist, so must have had to work with editors and actually learn how to write. The background art is so far functional to quite good.

People really need to accept that these production values are what $435,000 gets you.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Zifnab - 16 April 2014 07:52 AM

Why the hell the guard says “bye” to me without giving me the tickets?

*sigh* I see it’s going to be that kind of game Mini Frown

Could that be yet another bug? I was banging my head on a wall on a later point in the game and it turned out I had done everything, but the game hadn’t just flagged everything done. I replayed that chpater from the start flew past that point with ease.

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2009-06-18

PM

There seems to be a lot of unjustified (possibly personal) hatred towards Phoenix online studio. Saying that they have a poor track record is pathetic. The Cognition series, along with the Silver lining are more than enough proof of their capability.
As for Moebius itself - sure, the models and animations are inexcusably bad (you can BUY animated models for 10$ and customize them for crying out loud), but the plot, the characters, the puzzles and the sound design are all excellent. As for the crappy reviews in Gamespot, RPS and Gamesradar - so what?
Did you see this review?
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/moebius-empire-rising-pc-review-lets-go-round-again

Or this one?
http://www.game-over.com/content/2014/04/moebius-empire-rising/#sthash.zdxkzbrl.dpbs

Or this one?
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/moebius

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Karlok - 16 April 2014 07:40 AM

I wasn’t prepared for the real ugly characters (those shoulders!) and the terrible animation.  Frown  Stopped playing after an hour.
EDIT: Moebius on hold. I am looking forward to playing the second part of Broken Sword 5 tonight. Smile

Tried to watch it on youtube the first chapter alone has so much bad rigging, bones,
limbs doing disco, lip synch totally non existent, this is worse game graphically
ever. Makes Ride to hell retribution like blessing. The animations killed the game.

And yes onto BS5. Smile

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

The game is fine. Who cares about the animations? GK3 had terrible animations and that was a great game. I was a critic of Moebius during development but the real test is playing the game. Onto chapter 2 and it’s growing on me.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 16 April 2014 07:40 AM

I started playing Moebius last night. Although I’m a backer, I hadn’t kept track of the development, not interested enough I guess, and I wasn’t prepared for the real ugly characters (those shoulders!) and the terrible animation.

I’ve just started playing & am about 20 mins into the game. So far I’ve loved the comic book intro, the music & I think the background artwork is gorgeous - I just love it! I didn’t want to be disappointed but on 1st impressions I’ve got to agree about the characters - they look so ‘plastic’/lacking in personality & unless ‘3D’ for them can be done absolutely perfectly where you’re not drawn to their teeth when they’re talking don’t go there when developing a game! I’ve just looked at a brief clip of Cognition on You Tube & don’t understand why JJ chose not to use the same style of animation for the characters as they work much better (I thought)& suit the backgrounds better?

I will get over it as I’m confident that this is going to draw me into a superb story!

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Zifnab - 16 April 2014 09:41 AM

The game is fine. Who cares about the animations? [...]

I do.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

chrissie - 16 April 2014 09:43 AM

I’ve just started playing & am about 20 mins into the game. So far I’ve loved the comic book intro, the music & I think the background artwork is gorgeous - I just love it! I didn’t want to be disappointed but on 1st impressions I’ve got to agree about the characters - they look so ‘plastic’/lacking in personality & unless ‘3D’ for them can be done absolutely perfectly where you’re not drawn to their teeth when they’re talking don’t go there when developing a game! I’ve just looked at a brief clip of Cognition on You Tube & don’t understand why JJ chose not to use the same style of animation for the characters as they work much better (I thought)& suit the backgrounds better?

I will get over it as I’m confident that this is going to draw me into a superb story!

I’ve now played more & I’ve changed my mind about the characters & animation - the game looks beautiful & the characters are well observed & do suit the background! It’s just a pity that the opening scene with Malachi in his shop doesn’t give the best impression!

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

chrissie - 16 April 2014 10:14 AM

I’ve now played more & I’ve changed my mind about the characters & animation - the game looks beautiful & the characters are well observed & do suit the background! It’s just a pity that the opening scene with Malachi in his shop doesn’t give the best impression!

That’s Stockholm syndrome.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Stockholm syndrome?

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Ok, so I’m up to chapter 5. The story is starting to take shape and could be good and fun.

The animation is still really bad I feel, especially whenever we see their teeth…  It’s really creepy. I enjoy the game but I have to force myself to look past this. It’s weird because I don’t remember a game with animation quite this bad. There’s a lot of games with more simple models, esthetics and animations but it’s the first time I’ve been this creeped out by the animation and models. I think the worst scene was the one with David and Gretchen at Cherry on Top. The animation was creepy

One thing though, backgrounds are on average quite good.. It’s just the animation..

Another thing that kind of annoyed me is the attention to details. One of the chapter takes place in France and there’s a letter in French subtitled in English. The content of the letter in French just doesn’t make any sense though and looks like it’s just been translated with Google Translate. They could have just asked one of the french bakers to review the text if they were that short on funds. It’s just a detail but it kind of matters.

There are also incorrect details in the history snippets. For example, the game claims that Cleopatra married Julius Caesar and Mark Antony. While it’s true that she was a mistress of Julius Caesar. She didn’t marry him. She did marry Mark Antony though.

Those are really small details but it’s a bit like typos in a book. Seeing them takes you out of the story.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top