• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Moebius

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Doom - 14 April 2014 11:48 PM

I’m in the middle of Chapter 3, and so far I’m enjoying writing, music, even graphics; everything has a strong Gabriel Knight feel about it. Only Malachi model bothers me (it gets too glitchy at times) and those “realistic” inventory puzzles I mentioned before. Now, how realistic is that: running around New York, collecting household goods items for a simplistic puzzle involving thievery!, only because the guy refused to pick them up 20 or so minutes ago? I’m even starting to wish there was no inventory at all, just deduction mini-games. Those are fun and well thought-out.

I’m a bit further in but I have the same negatives, some of the puzzles are not very good, especially the parts you mentioned, needing a trivial item and having to pick it up from the other side of town. And our protagonist isn’t actually a poor guy stranded in the middle of nowhere. But this isn’t a huge issue, it hasn’t infuriated me like it did in Last Horizon which would be a great game if the whole middle part wasn’t filled with those tasks.

I think the story took quite a while to start unraveling. Currently I’m on chapter 5 and I’m liking the pace now. I really like the main characters and their comments, there’s plenty of funny remarks that doesn’t take away the seriousness of the plot.

But getting back to the game for a while until I need to sleep a bit again Smile.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

Lambonius - 14 April 2014 08:37 PM

Putting aside graphics and animation quality perceptions, you all do realize that Pheonix Online basically single-handedly convinced Jane to come out of retirement don’t you?  Her kickstarter would not have happened at all if they hadn’t had success with their Cognition kickstarter.  The graphical criticisms aren’t without merit—they definitely COULD be better, animations in particular, but this idea that the game would have been a masterpiece IF ONLY Pheonix Online hadn’t been involved is ludicrous.

During Jane’s Kickstarter the developer was going to be Signus Labs, who did Lola & Lucy eBook with Jane. After the Kickstarter campaign the developer changed at some point.

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

So I signed in after a long time to post in this thread. I was very excited to come home from work and play Moebius. I made it almost all the way through Chapter 3 before reaching a part where I died !?!

Here’s my opinion so far:
Pros:
-I love that the game came with Gog download key as well as the regular drm free download from pos.
-It’s great that we can also use our save from the demo.
-the puzzles are good although pretty easy and simple so far, although narrowing down the choices for Bianca in Chapter 2 took a long time to figure out.
-The interface is hood and getting around the game is hassle free.
-I think I will like the story but so far the gameplay is enough incentive for me to keep playing.

Cons:
-Okay everyone has complained about the character animations but they have to be some of the worst I have ever seen in a game so it deserves to be reiterated. I think it is really going to result in the game getting a lot of bad reviews, which is too bad. I just don’t understand. I played the Blackwell demo this month as well and its pixel graphics look so much better! Also, I loved Cognition and I was able to tolerate the character animations in that game but Moebius just feels like a huge step backwards.
-The lip synching is also bad but I usually avoid looking at the characters animations and just read the text.
-no autosave! If you are going to put deaths in the game at least put in an autosave because now I have to redo all of Chapter 3 because I didn’t prepare for that. So to everyone in Chapter 3 remember to save often.

I really wish Jane Jensen the best with this game and I am glad I backed at the $50 pledge level even though I think a Gabriel Knight HD remake is completely unnecessary and I worry that if the animations are as bad as in this game then the older game will end up looking better and will hurt the chances of any more Gabriel Knight games being made in the future.

But what I really would like is if this game makes enough money so that we can get Anglophile Adventure. Maybe they can even ditch the whole 3D models for 2D sprites which would look much better anyway. That is her game that I am really looking forward to, but in the mean time I will enjoy the story of this game and be thankful for all the awesome adventures coming out this month (Blackwell and Tex Murphy as well Smile  )

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

TheLongestJourney - 15 April 2014 02:14 AM

I really wish Jane Jensen the best with this game and I am glad I backed at the $50 pledge level even though I think a Gabriel Knight HD remake is completely unnecessary and I worry that if the animations are as bad as in this game then the older game will end up looking better and will hurt the chances of any more Gabriel Knight games being made in the future.

I’m optimistic about GK remake, because the animations are motion-captured (in trailers they already look so so much better than Moebius animations) and there are no face close-ups or camera angles to reveal bad character models. The development style in GK remake is more old-fashioned and traditional, while Moebius has more cinematic feel with all the different camera angles and close-ups.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

teme - 15 April 2014 02:22 AM

I’m optimistic about GK remake, because the animations are motion-captured (in trailers they already look so so much better than Moebius animations) and there are no face close-ups or camera angles to reveal bad character models. The development style in GK remake is more old-fashioned and traditional, while Moebius has more cinematic feel with all the different camera angles and close-ups.

There’s no close ups in GK HD?

Admittedly, I think this set up in the GK remake is pretty inferior to the dimly lit system in the original. I would of loved real-time 3d models with a dynamic spotlight above them to this new version, but I don’t care anymore. These games are going to be quite awesome.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

Monolith - 15 April 2014 03:00 AM
teme - 15 April 2014 02:22 AM

There’s no close ups in GK HD?

Discussions use “talking heads” style with their own graphics, so there’s no close ups with 3D character models similar to Moebius.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Would you please consider NOT posting HUGE pictures (maybe try the resizing of HUGE pictures) and not including HUGE pictures in your quotes.

Thank you very much.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

There is a retry option after failing/dying. Saves are not needed for that (only for quitting, crashing or just for fun).

Finished the game now and I really like the relationship between the two main characters. I feel that the story wasn’t completely resolved. Sequel?

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2012-02-15

PM

Disappointment of the year, getting the least of it what we can get.Game feels and plays
like a beta.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’m stuck with Dominique. I’ve given her the earrings and the whiskey, but now I’m not getting anywhere with her. And I have exhusted all my dialogue options with her as well as done the detuction.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

tomimt - 15 April 2014 04:58 AM

I’m stuck with Dominique. I’ve given her the earrings and the whiskey, but now I’m not getting anywhere with her. And I have exhusted all my dialogue options with her as well as done the detuction.

its been a while but… i believe youre supposed to look through her mail while she’s pouring whiskey

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

zane - 15 April 2014 06:52 AM

its been a while but… i believe youre supposed to look through her mail while she’s pouring whiskey

Did that as well ages ago. I’m starting to feel the game is bugging on me here. She just keeps telling me that I talk a good talk, but she wants to be pampered.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

tomimt - 15 April 2014 07:01 AM
zane - 15 April 2014 06:52 AM

Did that as well ages ago. I’m starting to feel the game is bugging on me here. She just keeps telling me that I talk a good talk, but she wants to be pampered.

Then i believe you should have all the data points you need to analyze her and choose her identity, have you done that too?

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

teme - 15 April 2014 02:02 AM

During Jane’s Kickstarter the developer was going to be Signus Labs, who did Lola & Lucy eBook with Jane. After the Kickstarter campaign the developer changed at some point.

Careful, theyr touchy about this. Apparently the truth is, nothing was set in stone at the time of the kickstarter.. or they were keeping pos secret from us for some reason. They insist that signus was never supposed to be the dev.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

zane - 15 April 2014 07:14 AM

Then i believe you should have all the data points you need to analyze her and choose her identity, have you done that too?

The game seems to be bugged here. I had to replay the chapter from the beginning, as I had no earlier save on there. The first time I left her apartment several time to fetch the earrings first, then the alcohol. That might have caused a glitch somewhere.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top