• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieKeybordzzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

April release schedule is looking good

Poll: What are you most excited to play in April?
Total Votes: 73
Tesla Effect
Moebius
Blackwell Epiphany
Wolf Among Us Ep3
Broken Sword 5 Ep2
Other (please specify)
None

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

An exciting month indeed. Moebius is without a doubt at the top of my list followed by Broken Sword. The third episode of The Wolf Among Us will have to wait and I will pick up the new Tex Murphy game at a later date.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Rufus - 07 April 2014 02:46 PM

There’s also Journeyman Project : Pegasus Prime coming on the 10th, apparently.

Isn’t it at least already out for OSX users? I know at least I’m still waiting for the Windows copy. Almost forgot about it. Color me excited too.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Broken Sword. No doubt. The first part was great. I had such a blast with it. And it really felt like a Broken Sword game. I so cannot wait for part 2.  Heart Eyes

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

I’m looking forward to all of them (except for Wolf Among Us Ep3), however the winner goes to Tex Murphy. Man, there are going to be a lot of gaming hours in April, haha! Smile

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i am about to play the blackwell games for the first time… so i’ll see if my list changes as it gets closer to release Tongue

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2003-11-21

PM

Tex would get my vote even if the poll was about the whole 2014, to be honest. Still, some nice runner-ups in April.
Blackwell: Epiphany is my pick for second most anticipated, mostly because we know it will be the last in the series and I am curious about how it will wrap up. Wolf Among Us ep.3 is a close third choice: I love the atmosphere, the world and the characters but the second episode was a bit of a letdown, as if the writers were a bit indecisive on how to proceed.

As for the other big names, I’ve never been a fan of the Broken Sword series and Moebius’ demo wasn’t exactly promising.

No good deed goes unpunished

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2011-11-22

PM

Monolith - 07 April 2014 05:28 PM

Isn’t it at least already out for OSX users? I know at least I’m still waiting for the Windows copy. Almost forgot about it. Color me excited too.

It is, but I think there were bugs that they wanted to fix before releasing on Windows. Not sure about the disk versions, but according to people on the GOG forums, the digital version will be out on the 10th.

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2008-09-01

PM

Tesla effect by far, second is Blackwell since i recently played all of them and i want to see how they will finish. Third is Broken Sword since i wonder if it will be better than the rather average Ep1. Lastly Wolf which i really enjoy even though i know the choices are only cosmetic (the world is great). I’m not really that excited for Moebious… Don’t like the way its looking.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Broken Sword. The first part turned out far, FAR better than I’d hoped (I was one of its biggest critics before release) and I can’t wait to play the second.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Moebius is the most exciting to me just because of the potential.  I’m a much bigger fan of the Gabriel Knight series than I am the Tex Murphy series.  And it’s only Jane’s 2nd game in the last 15 years, so it’s really exciting.

But Tex is second.  And The Wolf Among Us is third.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Tantei KID - 07 April 2014 07:17 AM

Detective Conan: Phantom Rhapsody (3DS) - Last year’s game based on the hit detective comic/cartoon (DC: Marionette Symphony) was certainly not perfect, but did turn out to be a fine example of synergy between story and game mechanics, I hope that this year’s release will built on that foundation.

I had no idea that they’re making games based on it. Now I have to check them out. The episodes I’ve seen from the TV-series were pretty good (although no way near Lupin III:s finer moments). How’s the gameplay? Reminiscent of the Ace Attorney games?

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

This is an incredible lineout and could vote for any of those games. If I have to pick one, it’s gonna be Moebius, mostly because of silly reasons:

Already played Wolf Among Us (and it was awesome).
BS and Tex need some replaying done before I can start them so I’m not rushing to play them yet.
Blackwell game I have to buy, boohoo.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Broken Sword, but Blackwell Epiphany is mighty close. Really looking forward to the closure of the story.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

Moebius looks like garbage. Have to be honest. The new Gabriel Knight also looks like a bomb. But to each their own.

Tesla Effect appears to be a winner. Going to play the demo this weekend.

First episode of Broken Sword 5 was pretty good, but the English dialogue was iffy. Still, looking forward to the next episode.

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

Henke - 09 April 2014 08:17 PM

I had no idea that they’re making games based on it. Now I have to check them out. The episodes I’ve seen from the TV-series were pretty good (although no way near Lupin III:s finer moments). How’s the gameplay? Reminiscent of the Ace Attorney games?

Note that Wii’s Detective Conan: The Mirapolis Investigation is the only Conan game released out of Japan, and it’s bad. Re~ally bad.

The 3DS Conan games are traditional Japanese command style adventures (like Jake Hunter for the DS), but with a bit of the character-zapping system typical of visual novels like Machi and 428. You ‘zap’ between characters as the story develops, gathering clues and sharing them with other characters, until you come to the climax of a case, confronting the murderer (also, see my review of the first 3DS Conan game

At least, that was the previous game. Phantom Rhapsody builds on that, but they also added a one-on-one confrontation system this time and it did feel a bit more Ace Attorney-like. And strangely enough, RPG-like with having to protect your HP and so… But I only played the demo, so not sure how that’ll work out. But Detective Conan: Phantom Rhapsody will be out next week, so we’ll see!

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top