• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelluckyloserwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Making A Harry Potter Adventure Game

Poll: Do you think this is a good idea for a game?
Total Votes: 27
Yes!
No.
Maybe.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2014-04-09

PM

Dead

Joined 2014-04-09

PM

dead

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

If you insist on feedback, brace yourself.

You come in here, requesting people work for you in exchange for involvement with something that’s not even a skeleton of an idea. “a Harry Potter adventure game, like an old school monkey island game”. That doesn’t tell anyone anything, beyond the fact you’re amazingly impatient, expecting someone to volunteer in four hours or less.

Do you have any experience creating games? Do you have the other aspects covered? Have you secured the rights to make a game based on the HP franchise?

Right now you come across as someone who’s not very serious that underestimates how much work what they’re requesting is.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I really would like to lose my account here over your reply ,but I will just go with ‘be nice to the new comer , dude’

EpicSpacePanda I would love help to with anything concerning ‘the’ sound, audio or music .

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Hmm…I’d be careful. Harry potter is a huge product and I can see WB being on anything that’s not licensed by them. It might be worth changing it enough to be something else.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2014-04-09

PM

It would be free, so I don’t think I’d need permission.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

EpicSpacePanda - 10 April 2014 03:58 PM

You are wrong.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Unfortunatly it makes no difference if it’s free on not.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Nope. You have to do a LOT more planning.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Personally I think a Harry Potter adventure game would be a great idea. The world is rich and full of potential for adventuring.

Maybe a side story set in the universe, interweaved with the main stories. See Harry Potter from the viewpoint of another classmate, you could weave in an out major plot points, set pieces from the main books, but see how it affected other characters.

Or maybe just set in before or after the potter series.

There are a lot of potential stories.

However this is probably not the way to do it.

Why not make a similar stlye game that doesn’t rely on another IP.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

April 1st was over a week ago.

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

If you’re not very good at pixel art, how are you planning to create a whole game/universe in that style? lol

A Harry Potter adventure game would be AMAZING, however it’ll never happen. HP is pretty mainstream so if anyones gonna create a game based on it, it’d be targeted at a wider audience.

But yeah if you’re gonna do it, I wouldn’t call it ‘Harry Potter’.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

While we’re on the subject of game making though, has anyone here wanted to or going to?

I’d love to, but it is a lot of work. I’m okay in some areas, but I know I’d struggle in others. You don’t really realise just how much work goes into it till you try yourself…

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Tad - 10 April 2014 06:42 PM

While we’re on the subject of game making though, has anyone here wanted to or going to?

I’d love to, but it is a lot of work. I’m okay in some areas, but I know I’d struggle in others. You don’t really realise just how much work goes into it till you try yourself…

the stars really have to align… And my hat really goes off to the people who made heroine quest and donna avenger of blood. Every once in a while you see a free project of amazing quality.

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

If that was an option in my life, I think i’d jump at it. It’s definitely my dream job. Not just making adventure games either, all types of games. I always wanted to do concept art, but concept artists are incredibly talented and I just dont think i’m good enough to do that type of work. I’d also love to be part of the writing team, coming up with the story, puzzles, missions, characters and dialogue etc.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

aaroncarney - 10 April 2014 06:52 PM

If that was an option in my life, I think i’d jump at it. It’s definitely my dream job. Not just making adventure games either, all types of games. I always wanted to do concept art, but concept artists are incredibly talented and I just dont think i’m good enough to do that type of work. I’d also love to be part of the writing team, coming up with the story, puzzles, missions, characters and dialogue etc.

Same. My teacher in college thought I really understood animation and how to do it, but when I tried to put it into an actual project all the other elements (like using the software) held me back. I quite like designing environments (still do in sketchup) and thinking up stories too.

The amount of work that goes into games now is pretty crazy.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top