• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanchrissieKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Day One: a new crowdfunding project from Pendulo Studios

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

The newest title from the Spain-based Pendulo Studios (Runaway, Yesterday, etc), is currently featured on “kickstarter”-like Ulele for a crowdfunding campaign “Day One:
http://www.ulule.com/dayone/

The campaign website definitively looks better than many other projects, though I’m not entirely sure why they also have to jump the bandwagon for a crowdfunding project?
The silver lining for Pendolu is that, regardless of the kickstarter fatigue, ulele.com is a global website, so backers outside the US should be able to pledge a bit easier.

We’ll see,

What do you think?

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

Looks interesting but I’m not gonna create a new account for a different crowd funding website every time now. Maybe if they go on Kickstarter I’ll pledge.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Kind of bizarre an established studio of Pendulos magnitude would go out and try crowdfunding. I guess that means The Next BIG Thing wasn’t that big a thing?

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Kickstarter: Now making it even harder for genuinely needing projects from getting the funds. One big company kickstarting at a time.

Kasper F. Nielsen - 10 July 2012 02:02 PM

Kind of bizarre an established studio of Pendulos magnitude would go out and try crowdfunding. I guess that means The Next BIG Thing wasn’t that big a thing?

Where have you been? Kickstarter is becoming the lazyman’s way of larger companies getting funding for projects. -_-

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I would prefer to only use kickstarter but I think it has something to do with the studio being located in Europe.
Anyway, 12€ is cheap for a pre-order.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

There are ways that non-US developers can go about posting their project on Kickstarter. You can set up a shell company in Texas for $500 or whatnot.

Even so, people did not seem too receptive about this project when I told them about it on other websites. That stupid Penny Arcade Kickstarter is getting more attention than anything related to the development of actual games at the moment.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

for one their sales pitch video is better than others.i guess crisis has hit even Pendulo’s door(located in spain and all).

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

jhetfield21 - 10 July 2012 09:57 PM

for one their sales pitch video is better than others.i guess crisis has hit even Pendulo’s door(located in spain and all).

I think it has to do with the topic of the game itself rather than the crisis! You have to remember this story is dark, full of adult topics and it would take a brave brave producer to back it up! But from a gamers perspective what is there not to like?  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2005-01-25

PM

I feel like I would pay money for Pendulo to not release any more games. There should be a Kickstopper site to pledge money against certain projects. Hey, maybe I should launch one! I just need a Kickstarter campaign to raise the funding…  Tongue

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Ed_MyOpinion - 11 July 2012 05:01 AM

I think it has to do with the topic of the game itself rather than the crisis! You have to remember this story is dark, full of adult topics and it would take a brave brave producer to back it up! But from a gamers perspective what is there not to like?  Thumbs Up

I don’t know if I’m convinced that Pendulo is able to deliver the adult, mature theme adventure game. I mean, Yesterday was advertised as a mature game, but it fell completely flat in this regard. The annoying characters, childish dialogue and blocky awfully looking cell-shaded models just killed it.

Why even bother…. I guess I will be sticking with Jane Jensen games.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Lhurgoyf - 11 July 2012 11:42 AM
Ed_MyOpinion - 11 July 2012 05:01 AM

I don’t know if I’m convinced that Pendulo is able to deliver the adult, mature theme adventure game. I mean, Yesterday was advertised as a mature game, but it fell completely flat in this regard. The annoying characters, childish dialogue and blocky awfully looking cell-shaded models just killed it.

Why even bother…. I guess I will be sticking with Jane Jensen games.

And you fall into the trap that makes a generic stereotype for a ‘Adult/Mature’ video game. I thought yesterday was mature in its own rights. It just wasn’t the Mature/Drama filled game you are referencing. You aren’t looking for an adult game, you are looking for something that is well rounded in drama.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

thejobloshow - 10 July 2012 08:53 PM

That stupid Penny Arcade Kickstarter is getting more attention than anything related to the development of actual games at the moment.

Yes, it is awful and I don’t understand how Kickstarter can even admit campaing with no project - it only promises removing advertisement from the website.  Embarassed

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Bit weird for a company like this to be asking for funding. Not really a fan of there work to be honest. The stories, world etc never really clicked for me. I always found the puzzles lacked direction too.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2009-09-27

PM

The Pendulo Studios jump on the crowdfunding train, having started their own campaign related to the game “Day One”. It tells the story of Ethan, a young and acid journalist who learns from his doctor that he’s got a terminal disease: he’ll be dead before the end of the day. Back home, he finds a capsule and a note: “This will keep you alive 24 extra hours. Come to Paris for more. We’ll find you.”

They’re providing a vast array of rewards, including an oldschool “big box” edition of the game, an opportunity to put your own creations (art, music, texts, etc.) in the game, Ethan Grant’s Edition of The Devil’s Dictionary with his own notes, thoughts and traces of events that happen in the game and even the chance to study a course in Videogame Design thanks to Universidad Complutense de Madrid and become an intern in Pendulo Studios.

Check this out for more: http://www.ulule.com/dayone/

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

There was already a thread about this but this is a more neutral introduction.

I am actually quite interested about this game even though I am not a Pendulo fan. I’d like to see these “a bit different” games out there, games that publishers don’t feel so sure about. But at the moment I just have to settle for following. Steam sale is going to suck me dry again, I bet, will have to see what’s left.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

I really like the new cel-shaded art style of Pendulo, as seen in Yesterday… happy to see that they’ll continue with that style. I think Kickstarter would have been better to get publicity, but I guess that wasn’t possible because they’re european. Maybe I’ll register to Ulele at some point, just to support them.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top