• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalefurgottenIronCretinJdawg445kanaifurtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The photo thread

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

Klaas is cute!  Laughing

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

He’s very cute but he also has a past. When I got him he was 6 months old and scared of everything except Annabel. I gave him lots of attention and he got much better. During my illness he has been in a family with two kids and that has done him well. He enjoys being stroked now. He even pushes his head under my hand sometimes: “Stroke me, now!!” Smile He is still easily upset when Annabel is not where he expects her to be though. He really needs her to feel good.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2008-11-04

PM

tsa - 10 July 2012 02:20 PM

Nice pics. Where did you take them? I also went to the market a few times to take pics like that but I’m too shy and afraid people will start talking to me Confused. I did take a nice one of the fish stall with my iPhone once, however. I’ll try to post it here.

Edit: here it is.

And one of Klaas,just because we need more pets here. We used to have a pets thread on the old forums.

It was the Noord Market in Jordaan. I don’t remember the street name so unfortunately cant help you with that. Close to central station as you can see the rails and trains passing by on the other side of the canal.
Funny you say people might talk to you. I never encounter that unless I am in North America. I have been told that I speak like a dutch person (as in I am loud) but no stranger approached me Frown. Although it could be because I intimidated them out by taking a lot of pictures!

Oh yes I remember that pets thread from before!

tsa - 10 July 2012 04:16 PM

He’s very cute but he also has a past. When I got him he was 6 months old and scared of everything except Annabel. I gave him lots of attention and he got much better. During my illness he has been in a family with two kids and that has done him well. He enjoys being stroked now. He even pushes his head under my hand sometimes: “Stroke me, now!!” Smile He is still easily upset when Annabel is not where he expects her to be though. He really needs her to feel good.

Happy to see that Annabel still lives. So adorable the both of them Smile.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Cute bunnies. Annabel is a perfect name for a bunny. So soft and fluffy Wink.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

They look absolutely wonderful together! And that he pushes you to be stroked is a very good sign! Heart Eyes
The two cats I have now also came with a heavy past, they are both from the Animal Shelter here in Umeå. And the oldest one has been kicked so hard that she walks really bad…  Embarassed and have had a real trust issue, but she is much better now! I will tell more about them when I post pictures of them…

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2008-11-04

PM

Majsan - 11 July 2012 09:38 AM

They look absolutely wonderful together! And that he pushes you to be stroked is a very good sign! Heart Eyes
The two cats I have now also came with a heavy past, they are both from the Animal Shelter here in Umeå. And the oldest one has been kicked so hard that she walks really bad…  Embarassed and have had a real trust issue, but she is much better now! I will tell more about them when I post pictures of them…

Glad to hear that you adopt cats from shelters. I wish everyone did so. Yeah more pictures the better!  Smile

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Klaas is also from a shelter. Annabel is from the Intratuin, a big garden-centre. She was my first rabbit and I didn’t want problems with my first rabbit. At the Intratuin she was treated very well by the staff and there are always a lot of children around, but she was behind glass so the children couln’t touch her. Perfect!

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Pictures from Helsinki!

I had to keep up with others, so they’re nothing special, but at least they’re something… I’ll do a proper photography day some time later this summer, on a good day (weatherwise)
http://s627.photobucket.com/albums/tt356/Paunci/Helsinki/?start=all

A few that I like a bit more:

(Edit): Is that last one working for anyone?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

UPtimist - 17 July 2012 03:25 PM

(Edit): Is that last one working for anyone?

Depends. If it’s the one of the Johannes Church where the church is out of focus but the gate you photographed through is in focus, then yes. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

That’s the one! Working for me now, too.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

The first one is much better than the last one IMO.

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

So critical! Grin (joke)

Yes, you’re very right. I really like the first one, the second one I wasn’t so sure of Tongue Of course, they’re completely different places.

Also, how’d you know what the church is called, TmM? (quite a nickname, how can it not catch on?)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

UPtimist - 18 July 2012 06:41 AM

Also, how’d you know what the church is called, TmM? (quite a nickname, how can it not catch on?)

The Google is my friend.  Innocent

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

MikeLXXXVIII - 12 July 2012 04:48 AM
Majsan - 11 July 2012 09:38 AM

Glad to hear that you adopt cats from shelters. I wish everyone did so. Yeah more pictures the better!  Smile

You can see a few pictures on Missan that just passed away Cry in the Anything Goes thread, I think they are on page 26 Smile

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

It was Pirate Day 2012 in Hastings today. We got the new world record with 14,231 pirates gathered on the beach. Here is just one of the scurvy knaves. (With a whole bunch of others in the background)

The purple thing is a balloon sword before anyone asks.

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top