• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445nouramrfouad94

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Monday 9 July 2012

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

J-Boo - 10 July 2012 11:24 AM

Versus an involuntary scene of sex, or a scene of involuntary sex?  Tongue

J-Boo - 10 July 2012 11:36 AM

I guess I don’t know which version I played, but in addition to flirting with the bouncer I do remember also having a one night stand with a guy (I think he was a reporter). I don’t recall any explicit scenes, just the implication that they slept together. And then Phoenix complained about how unenjoyable it was.

You don’t have to sleep with the reporter and I think there is supposed to be some kind of sex scene there if you do. So you most likely played the censored version.

So no involuntary sex. Might be kinda cutting edge there Wink.

I don’t remember her complaining just about the sex, I think it was the life style in general. Though I’d honestly enjoy some slutty characters too, in games and in books. Why heroines always need to be such prudes?

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

millenia - 10 July 2012 12:00 PM

I don’t remember her complaining just about the sex, I think it was the life style in general. Though I’d honestly enjoy some slutty characters too, in games and in books. Why heroines always need to be such prudes?

Yeah, I think the point was just supposed to be that Phoenix was different from other people and didn’t just fall in with what her society considered the social norm. But I do remember feeling like they were kind of beating a dead horse with how many times her friend and other people told her she was weird for not having a really active sex life, and for not being as concerned with her image. I guess she had more important things to worry about!

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

Fien - 10 July 2012 11:54 AM

Yes, that’s right. She has a one-night stand out of a sense of duty to society or something. Smile It’s coming back to me now. But wasn’t there also some boyfriend in the background she slept with on a more or less regular basis…?

The future world in the game was far from believable. It’s of course possible to suppress or repress human emotions, but not when looking out for number one is strongly encouraged.

Yep, I remember the boyfriend. I think they ended up breaking up because she was such a downer, LOL!

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

To clarify about the continued emphasis on Phoenix’s disinterest in sex - it didn’t make me annoyed with the game itself, it just made me see Phoenix as a kind of whiner. The game was still good! And I didn’t mind playing Phoenix, I just wasn’t super fond of her as a character.

That sounds kind of confusing, but for some reason I can’t quite put into words, there IS a difference to me - I didn’t like her a ton, but I still thought she was fun to play as…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top