• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

1954 Alcatraz

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I got this yesterday, been playing around with it for a few hours now, and I’m enjoying it quite a lot. Beautiful, handdrawn backgrounds and a wonderful 50’s jazzy score. The voice acting doesn’t have a wide range of emotion, but that’s something I’ve come to expect from Daedalic. Not too happy about the 3D character models, looks like they’ve been borrowed from Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island, and I hope Daedalic isn’t walking away from 2D character animation entirely in the furute. Other than that, I’m enjoing this atmospheric adventure. Anyone else playing this game?

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

MetaCritic average is 58 right now, so I think I’m gonna pass on this one….even though I was initially very interested. But hearing/reading a number of issues on especially voice acting and story cliche, I’m expecting that if I would buy it, I won’t finish it and get bored with it.

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2012-11-09

PM

I am playing it at the moment and it is a good game. Nice graphics, and the story is interesting. I always liked movies in which the main character is trying to escape from prison so it is nice to play a game with the same premise, also it is interesting that the game allows you to play with two characters.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Hmm…I must of missed this one. Visually, it looks really nice. How are you finding the puzzles?

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i bought this because presently i just give daedalic the benefit of the doubt. Im hoping the reviews are getting this one wrong.
Now i just need time to play it….

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

Daedalic is just the publisher on this one.The creator is Gene Mocsy and Irresponsible Games.At the very least he’s the one responsibe(ironic xD) for the story.D might have helped to some degree on development,not sure,but they were mostly just the publisher.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Tad - 13 March 2014 05:43 PM

Hmm…I must of missed this one. Visually, it looks really nice. How are you finding the puzzles?

They make sense, are all logical, starts off quite easy, and increases in difficulty as you go along (though I haven’t come across anything overly challenging yet). Standard inventory based puzzle fare, lots of character interraction.

jhetfield21 - 14 March 2014 03:48 AM

Daedalic is just the publisher on this one.The creator is Gene Mocsy and Irresponsible Games.At the very least he’s the one responsibe(ironic xD) for the story.D might have helped to some degree on development,not sure,but they were mostly just the publisher.

If I’m not mistaken, it’s developed by Gene Mocsy (Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island) and Matthias Kempke who designed last years Night of the Rabbit with Daedalic. As far as I know, Matt Kempke has been working at Daedalic’s for a few years now, so I think it’s safe to say that Daedalic is also the developer.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

Maybe..All I know is that Gene was the initial designer on the game and at some point Irresponsible struck up a deal with Daedalic.So it’s possible Matt is involved too as you say.

Yeah Matt is with Daedalic since before the release of Deponia,about 3 years now.

Total Posts: 5045

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Dag - 13 March 2014 07:05 AM

I got this yesterday, been playing around with it for a few hours now, and I’m enjoying it quite a lot. Beautiful, handdrawn backgrounds and a wonderful 50’s jazzy score. The voice acting doesn’t have a wide range of emotion, but that’s something I’ve come to expect from Daedalic. Not too happy about the 3D character models, looks like they’ve been borrowed from Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island, and I hope Daedalic isn’t walking away from 2D character animation entirely in the furute. Other than that, I’m enjoing this atmospheric adventure. Anyone else playing this game?

It’s been on my to-buy list since it was first previewed on AG. I actually didn’t expect it would be released until some time in April, so I wasn’t looking for it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top