• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiediegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Match that screen!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I post a screen, and then you try to find the “match” (there are no “points for style” Grin, so take your chances) or a screen you’re reminded of.

For example:

Day of the Tentacle

followed by

The Perils of Man

It can be an incoming game, as well. Once you “match” it, you can send the next one to be matched. If no one answers within a reasonable amount of time, say a day or two, the task setter must give the answer and set another task. Ok, let’s start:

Flight of the Amazon Queen

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I was going to post a screenshot of Dr. Dupliscidus and his lab, but I know you haven’t got that far in CCS….

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

How about this for a match?

So now someone needs to match another screenshot? Let’s stick with Fate of Atlantis but add some cleavage. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The necklace’s head reminds me of:

JP3 Tongue

Next:

Torin’s Passage

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

How about this one from The Longest Journey?

It should be easy to find a match for this one from the same game:

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I’m not sure I’ve got the point, but

and then this

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2010-03-22

PM

From Tales of Monkey Island

Now this (from The Cat Lady):

Wink

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

That’s a brilliant match, LK!  Thumbs Up (the rest of it are good, too)

The Cat Lady and:

Tongue

A new one:

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Journey to the Center of the Earth:

Try to match this one from Lighthouse: The Dark Being:

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2014-03-05

PM

That reminds me of the bridge to DeSinge’s laboratory in Tales of Monkey Island.

What does this shot of The Dig remind you of?

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

That reminds me of the rocky beach in Myst 5: End of Ages.

What does this scene from The Night of the Rabbit remind you of?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Remove the characters, add some water in the middle, too, take sunrise instead of a sunset… and it should look something like this:

Tongue

Try this:

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Oh, come one, it’s not that hard! Tongue

(BTW, I’ve added the rule to the original post - if no one answers within a reasonable amount of time, say a day or two, the task setter must give the answer and set another task (thanx LK Wink)

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Reminds me of Swampland

Next up

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Oops!  This is the one I found for Lucien’s Lost Horizon screenshot, but I didn’t post it fast enough.

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top