• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieKeybordzzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 20 February 2014

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual (2008) is the first of two (I’m not counting the HOGs) games in the series by City Interactive, the same developers responsible for the Art of Murder games. I thought it was okay for a budget game.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I’ve been thinking of buying these. They certainly look good, but most reviews seem to find them in the middle of the road.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Dag - 20 February 2014 11:17 AM

I’ve been thinking of buying these. They certainly look good, but most reviews seem to find them in the middle of the road.

CoM series is the casual theme of city interactive on the other had AoM is sometimes more into the core of the classical adventuring, the 1st 2 part of CoM are not bad the third is a wide big red flag.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 20 February 2014 12:57 PM
Dag - 20 February 2014 11:17 AM

CoM series is the casual theme of city interactive on the other had AoM is sometimes more into the core of the classical adventuring, the 1st 2 part of CoM are not bad the third is a wide big red flag.

I wouldn’t describe the 1st two CoM games as the casual theme of City Interactive and more on a par with the classical adventuring of the 1st 3 AoM games. I found all of them very enjoyable & decent enough adventuring fayre!
Unfortunately further games in both series were developed for the Casual market - I tried the 1st to follow the AoM series & found it pretty awful - it didn’t even work well as a Casual game!

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2005-06-14

PM

Nothing about the game but I enjoy these threads like. Pop in daily just to see what the scene is.

He gave me a cold, shocked stare as if I’d farted at a funeral.

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

Yeah, Chronicles of Mystery started out as a regular adventure series before CI switched to casuals and eventually folded from the adventure scene altogether. Shame, seems like most of the (“bigger”) local devs only see FPSs and RPGs as viable lately. Hopefully The Vanishing of Ethan Carter will change that.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top