• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 18 February 2014

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

If you’re a fan of the show and/or like that type of humor you will probably like the game Beavis and Butt-Head in Virtual Stupidity (1995). It is a surprisingly good adaptation of the series.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Well, I really wanted to post two Adventure Game Scenes a week. In my opinion, I would officially be entitled to do that. Nobody “owns” this thread, there’s a new one every day. And I am convinced it would be interesting to see more people (not just me!) posting pics from other games. But… I don’t want to go behind Bastich’s back and he doesn’t feel like replying to my PM/posts. I’m sure the AGSoF fans would be very displeased if I hijacked their beloved thread twice a week.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I’m displeased with your constant attention seeking. Post what threads you feel like and let other people do likewise.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Antrax - 18 February 2014 08:52 AM

I’m displeased with your constant attention seeking.

Sheesh. That hurts. Deeply. But life goes on. I’ll get over it, I hope.

Post what threads you feel like and let other people do likewise.

Isn’t that exactly what I’m doing right now?  Tongue

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Hey you two:
“Shut up, ass-wipe!”
“No way buttmunch”

*ahem*
Great game, would probably earn a place in my personal top 100. The funny thing is I feel the two games (and the B&B movie) easily outshine the show yet they aren’t that well known. You can’t say that about many TV licenses, can you?

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Awesome game, and I agree with Oscar that this adaptation is even better than the TV show (and that’s saying a lot). If you haven’t played this… well, you should. Top 100? Absolutely. Maybe even top 50. But don’t confuse it with the other B&B game (Beavis and Butthead Do U), it’s nowhere near as good, imo.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 18 February 2014 08:21 AM

Well, I really wanted to post two Adventure Game Scenes a week. In my opinion, I would officially be entitled to do that. Nobody “owns” this thread, there’s a new one every day. And I am convinced it would be interesting to see more people (not just me!) posting pics from other games. But… I don’t want to go behind Bastich’s back and he doesn’t feel like replying to my PM/posts. I’m sure the AGSoF fans would be very displeased if I hijacked their beloved thread twice a week.

Hi Karlok, there’s no reason why you can’t post two AGS a week but instead of trying to angle in on the continuity of Bastich’s well-established thread & ‘bashing it’ at the same time create your own e.g. Karlok’s Tuesday Scene, Saturday Scene or whatever if you have interesting alternative screenshots + good descriptions to offer! 

This thread, as far as I’m concerned IS OWNED BY BASTICH for as long as he wants to continue. He has religiously, since last May, posted a screenshot everyday - sure, a lot of them are from bizarre and/or obscure games but Bastich often gives enough description to let you know whether they are/were worth playing but I was/am a great supporter of him doing that as I enjoy a glimpse of games I will probably never play! I just love this thread! Besides, however bad a game is there’s always a great appreciation from me for the tremendous amount of work that goes into a game, particularly graphically, & a feeling of sympathy for the developers if the game doesn’t quite work!

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Yeah, when I first came across these I was thinking “Why are they always games I’ve never heard of?”, but now that I’ve I learned that these have been going on for a long time and have never repeated a game used, it makes perfect sense to me.  And I look forward to learning about more obscure games.

I like Chrissie’s idea of starting a new thing if that’s what you want to do.  But trying to take it away from Bastich in any way, shape, or form just seems wrong.  If you don’t like them, don’t click on them.

Also, for once, I’ve played the game used today. 

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Karlok - 18 February 2014 09:43 AM

[Isn’t that exactly what I’m doing right now?  Tongue

No, what you are trying to do is hijack a thread for your own benefit.

If you want to contribute, start your own thread. Don’t try to insert yourself into a thread that ALREADY HAS A LEADER.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

chrissie - 18 February 2014 08:38 PM

Hi Karlok, there’s no reason why you can’t post two AGS a week but instead of trying to angle in on the continuity of Bastich’s well-established thread & ‘bashing it’ at the same time create your own e.g. Karlok’s Tuesday Scene, Saturday Scene or whatever if you have interesting alternative screenshots + good descriptions to offer!

^This.

Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Getting back to the game at hand, as a child I just /loved/ Beavis and Butt-Head in Virtual Stupidity - and I don’t even understand why. I had only seen a few episodes of the show, which I didn’t fully get at that age, but something about the game just clicked with me. To this day it’s one of my top adventures of the 90’s. Ah, the memories…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ve only played the demo (where you need to get out of class and out of school) from this, as well as a couple of its mini-games (like spitting at traffic - which was also a ‘puzzle’ in the demo - or burning ants with a magnifying glass), but I liked what I played more than I liked the TV show (which I considered very hit-and-miss imo).

This game was high on my radar in the mid-90s but I never found it anywhere. I did get my hands on the decent-but-short Beavis & Butt-Head Do U. which I liked well enough. But I really wanted to play Virtual Stupidity instead…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

TimovieMan - 24 February 2014 03:35 PM

I’ve only played the demo (where you need to get out of class and out of school) from this, as well as a couple of its mini-games (like spitting at traffic - which was also a ‘puzzle’ in the demo - or burning ants with a magnifying glass), but I liked what I played more than I liked the TV show (which I considered very hit-and-miss imo).

This game was high on my radar in the mid-90s but I never found it anywhere. I did get my hands on the decent-but-short Beavis & Butt-Head Do U. which I liked well enough. But I really wanted to play Virtual Stupidity instead…

This is definitely the better game of the two, I’d say.

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 24 February 2014 06:50 PM
TimovieMan - 24 February 2014 03:35 PM

This is definitely the better game of the two, I’d say.

Absolutely. You’d love it, Tim, I’m sure. Without a doubt one of the best non-Lucas adventures of the nineties.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top