• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDaleIronCretinJdawg445kanaifurtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

QUIZ: “With This Easel” + BONUS. (ENDED!)

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’ve had a lot of fun remembering and guessing pics. Thank you for a great quiz that you put an enormous amount of work into, Chrissie!

I’m not going to participate in the Bonus Quiz. Sorry, I really hope you take no offense, but I don’t think I deserve to score points for posting or guessing slightly different pics of easels I’ve already identified in the main quiz. There are far too many of those. (My own K13 is guilty of that too, so I’m deleting it.) Plus “twin” bonus pics of the same easel, like D19, which is the same as my K4. So SweetDalilah and I could score points for both guessing and posting that easel. Easy points, not fair.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Just sent in my answers. Great fun! I will now watch out for easels every time I game.  Laughing

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Becky - 13 February 2014 03:27 AM

Just sent in my answers. Great fun! I will now watch out for easels every time I game.  Laughing

Hi Becky, thanks for taking part - there seems to be quite a few more easels than I remember or ever imagined!

Karlok - 12 February 2014 09:22 PM

I’m not going to participate in the Bonus Quiz. Sorry, I really hope you take no offense, but I don’t think I deserve to score points for posting or guessing slightly different pics of easels I’ve already identified in the main quiz. There are far too many of those. (My own K13 is guilty of that too, so I’m deleting it.) Plus “twin” bonus pics of the same easel, like D19, which is the same as my K4. So SweetDalilah and I could score points for both guessing and posting that easel. Easy points, not fair.

Thank you Karlok for posting what you think - I really appreciate it! I never ever planned or wanted to submit a quiz using the bonus pics & it didn’t actually feel right to do so. There has been no response in 24 hours (obviously not a popular idea anyway!) so I feel quite relieved that I can now cancel it.

As for doubling up on screenshots, offering the option to post your own was an experiment & I was overwhelmed with the enthusiasm + the number of pics posted! In all fairness I really do need to look closely at some of them & deduct points I’ve given as I did state in the rules that there should not be exactly the same at a different angle (I have to make exceptions where it’s not obvious!)

I’m glad you’ve enjoyed taking part Karlok & thank you for the nice words!

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I think the bonus quiz was just a bit unwieldy, Chrissie, especially since it would be difficult to score.  However, I’m enjoying finding unexpected easels and seeing what everyone else discovers. 

Back to the[s]drawing board[/s]screenshots. Grin

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Lady Kestrel - 13 February 2014 12:02 PM

I think the bonus quiz was just a bit unwieldy, Chrissie, especially since it would be difficult to score.  However, I’m enjoying finding unexpected easels and seeing what everyone else discovers. 

Back to the[s]drawing board[/s]screenshots. Grin

I’m glad you said that Lady Kestrel - also it seemed like ‘over-kill’!

When collecting the screenshots (over months BTW) I too loved just finding unexpected easels! My biggest thrill was finding (by accident) no 3 which is yet un-guessed! - you will all kick yourselves! 

I’m also having a whale of a time enjoying all the screenshots I never found!

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

chrissie - 13 February 2014 11:42 AM
Karlok - 12 February 2014 09:22 PM

Thank you Karlok for posting what you think - I really appreciate it! I never ever planned or wanted to submit a quiz using the bonus pics & it didn’t actually feel right to do so. There has been no response in 24 hours (obviously not a popular idea anyway!) so I feel quite relieved that I can now cancel it.

As for doubling up on screenshots, offering the option to post your own was an experiment & I was overwhelmed with the enthusiasm + the number of pics posted! In all fairness I really do need to look closely at some of them & deduct points I’ve given as I did state in the rules that there should not be exactly the same at a different angle (I have to make exceptions where it’s not obvious!)

I’m sorry you feel that way about the bonus quiz Karlok, and that you won’t be participating. We could just not guess the screens that come from the same game we posted but oh well… Foot in mouth For all that it’s worth I didn’t even realise that D19 was similar to your K4 until I already posted it. I did however find another screenshot from another game you posted and realized it was similar and didn’t post it. (Zork Nemesis it was I believe)

I wasn’t going to compete in the bonus quiz anyway because I don’t have any more time and I also wanted to give a fair chance to everyone else to win the bonus quiz at least, but I wanted to keep posting pics though.
So you say there hasn’t been any response for the bonus quiz chrissie? Well that’s a shame really. I wanted to see our screens guessed by someone.  Mini Frown

Btw chrissie you can detuct one point from the D5 or D7. I shouldn’t have posted that second one anyway.

I have a few more great screens from games that haven’t been posted but what’s the point in posting them now if no one’s going to guess them?  Embarassed  Foot in mouth Mini Frown

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m relieved you’re taking it so well, Chrissie. I was the one suggesting we should guess the bonus pics too, and then I back out! I hadn’t really thought it through.

Sweetdalilah, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to spoil anybody’s fun. But I did try to guess all the bonus screenshots, the only difference is that we’re not submitting our guesses to Chrissie.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

SweetDalilah - 13 February 2014 03:43 PM

I have a few more great screens from games that haven’t been posted but what’s the point in posting them now if no one’s going to guess them?  Embarassed  Foot in mouth Mini Frown

I’m sorry you’re seeing it like that SweetDalilah as although there’s no option to submit guesses ‘publicly’ doesn’t mean to say that no-one’s trying to guess them!
Amongst the viewers of the thread I’m sure that there must be at least a few that haven’t actively participated but enjoy seeing the screenshots posted & guessing them for fun.

The whole point of including the Bonus was to give the opportunity to post screenshots I hadn’t found or chose not to include to add points to the main quiz score!

If I’d thought more about it sooner a Mini-quiz might have worked better if I’d been very selective & just included an equal number of the more unique pics from each of you, but it would’ve have meant that a lot of your lovely screenshots, SweetDalilah, wouldn’t have been included anyway.

BTW You can now keep posting screenshots up until the quiz dead-line!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

It should be fair to give point to each bonus picture because they cannot guess their own pictures (but they should guess other pictures), which is exactly what you did, chrissie. It’s just that I wouldn’t call it mini-quiz, but I’d group all points (your quiz + bonus pictures) in one single list.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

LK 12 & 13

Image Attachments

LK_12.pngLK_13.png

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

I know I’m late, but luckily, I can still join this quiz. I already missed 2 , I don’t want to miss this too! Smile Crazy

I’ve sent some guesses and here are 2 screens:
(I don’t think I’ve seen them before in here, so… )

I am baaaaaaaack!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m glad you made it in time kate me!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Just over 1 hour to go to get in any last guesses or screenshots!!

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

D20

D21

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The quiz has now ended! kate me & SweetDalilah - you have half an hour to PM me the titles of the games your screenshots come from to get the full points! Meanwhile I’m about to post the answers of the main screenshot quiz on Page 1!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top