• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Veovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #26: The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

diego - 08 February 2014 08:13 PM
SweetDalilah - 04 February 2014 08:06 PM

Still playing in El Dorado. Will let you know how the meeting with Shaman goes.

Please don’t squeeze the shaman! Wink

So that’s what that quote was referencing. Grin Thumbs Up

I also loved the pool jokes Arthur made about the heads especially these two:

“24 ugly heads on the wall, 24 ugly heads… If one of those heads should happen to fall 23 ugly heads on the wall” which of course refers to this song

“It’s as the heads were yelling out: Hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil, but the other 21 of us are gonna have fun” which parodies the well know story of the “Three wise monkeys” [spoiler](and the fourth one that is doing emm… )[/spoiler]

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Becky - 04 February 2014 04:56 PM

I also went back to the area near the pool where Gage picks up the Legacy artifact and listened to Arthur translate the pictograms again.

You wouldn’t believe it, but only later when I was checking for quotes I found those pictograms! I was just in hurry to get the legacy the first time around. I’ll be watching cutscenes again and listen to those before finishing the game. Wink

SweetDalilah - 08 February 2014 08:21 PM

How on earth did they want us to remember this without taking a picture?  Gasp Shifty Eyed

Good ol’ pen&paper;, of course. Tongue Here’s me trying to work out the “stone heads” puzzle by drawing heads:

It ain’t Picasso, but it’s close to Munch. Smile

SweetDalilah - 08 February 2014 09:01 PM

“It’s as the heads were yelling out: Hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil, but the other 21 of us are gonna have fun”

Hehe… missed that one. Grin Thumbs Up

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4253

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

diego - 08 February 2014 11:18 PM

... only later when I was checking for quotes I found those pictograms!

Hey, I missed those too. I guess I had figured it’s all been done at that place and just grabbed the tiny pyramid and skeddadled.

You wouldn’t believe it

There isn’t a person in the audience who doesn’t believe you.
On this one, not in general. You… you.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

After a few hours of clomping around in the steam tunnels in Shangri La (is that jumpsuit climate-controlled?) I think I’ve finished what I needed to do in the maze. Out-of-the-box and then, with all the doors I’d messed with while just exploring, it required a lot of planning and back-and-forthing to finish. Tim, you’ll like the maze. Though I’d recommend staying above ground for a while and exploring to get an idea of what the Buddha statues have to offer.

I’m feeling cranky. I was thinking of announcing that I’m throwing in the towel and am going to sit on the ledge by the yaks and let Khan take over (he seems eager enough). But SweetDalilah’s screenshots are lovely and have encouraged me. And the water opossum is a delightful explanation for the toothed critter. Maybe I’ll just rest a bit here before resuming the task. I wonder what yaks like to eat.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Special announcement by the Commissioner:

Since some of you took the liberty and already finished the game (and some are still to begin the third part), I’m pushing the deadline to Sunday, February 16 to finish both Shangri-La and the entire game! You can discuss this part or ending (wait, you already did that Pan) in spoilers, and so you have 8 days from Sunday to Sunday to finish the playthrough. So let us sing to celebrate this glorious day!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 09 February 2014 04:09 AM

Hey, I missed those too.

Oh, don’t worry. There’s only 4 of them.

Becky - 09 February 2014 06:40 AM

is that jumpsuit climate-controlled?

Well, you’d guess that if they were able to crack the time travel, the jumpsuit would at least come with a built-in air conditioner, humidifier, aroma smells and everything.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I loaded a save game within The Holy Of Holies and tried to hear Arthur reading those legends, but the background music kept grinding on and on and I said fu— (what Andy Murray would have said, you know) - forget it ().

Blessed be the game developers who make separate volume controls for music and speech. Amen.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 09 February 2014 10:51 AM

I loaded a save game within The Holy Of Holies and tried to hear Arthur reading those legends, but the background music kept grinding on and on and I said fu— (what Andy Murray would have said, you know) - forget it ().

Music hater!

EPC10, EPC11, EPC12, EPC13 and EPC15 in your Journeyman Project 3 - Legacy of Time\data\E_sounds folder are the comments you want. Wink

Becky - 04 February 2014 04:56 PM

I also went back to the area near the pool where Gage picks up the Legacy artifact and listened to Arthur translate the pictograms again.

It took me a couple of listens to realize they’re also speaking of two other cities, just like in the balloon vision!

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

How on earth did they want us to remember this without taking a picture?  Gasp Shifty Eyed

Good ol’ pen&paper;, of course. Tongue Here’s me trying to work out the “stone heads” puzzle by drawing heads:

Ain’t nobody got time fo’ dat , plus I had a hard time figuring out which heads to push with a screengrab, let alone me trying to draw those stupid things.

diego - 09 February 2014 07:20 AM

Since some of you took the liberty and already finished the game….
You can discuss this part or ending (wait, you already did that Pan) in spoilers, and so you have 8 days from Sunday to Sunday to finish the playthrough.

Yes, bad zobraks, bad (who started the whole thing)! Pan Naughty

zobraks - 09 February 2014 10:51 AM

Yes, I agree. Of all the times Arthur decided to speak with a quiet voice (instead of yelling and piercing my eardrums as usual Angry) it’s when the “background” music is playing louder than ever.

Btw where did Advie go? More trouble in Egypt distracting him from playing?! There are protests all over the cities in Bosnia, and that’s not stopping me from being here, playing. Grin

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’m done with Shangri La (but not the ending). I’ll read everyone’s comments afterwards, but I’ll post my thoughts first.

It took me a while after the last part to return to the game. Partly because I’ve had a lot of work this week, but mostly because I just wasn’t looking forward to playing more. El Dorado was little more than sparse, ugly locations, annoying characters and half-arsed gameplay, and I wasn’t looking forward to more of that.

I was pleasantly surprised with Shangri La, which was by far my favourite part of the game. The characters were less annoying and I felt the conversations were shorter, and the puzzles were considerably more interesting and better integrated in the location (everything literally culminating with the ascent of the tower). The whole section felt very satisfying and its conclusion (with Siddha) even managed to have some emotional weight (something the game hadn’t managed to do previously). So I’m happy.

My favourite puzzle was redirecting the heat in the maze (thank god for that map!), although I was a tad disappointed that the game only required me to redirect two sources when I had worked out the solution for all three.

Something interesting happened during the playthrough: I solved the prayer wheel puzzle before speaking with the lama, and Arthur accused me of cheating! Bitch, please. I’ve been playing adventure games for long enough to try to solve anything that looks like a puzzle, even if I don’t know what I’m trying to achieve with it.

Another interesting bit: For the whole duration of the section, it annoyed me that the pilgrim treated me as the same person, whichever disguise I was using. I thought it was a bug. Well, turned out it wasn’t. Well played, game.

Anyway, that restored my enthusiasm for the game (and the CP), and I’m going to solve that final (?) puzzle and watch the ending.

(I can’t say the game has managed to make me care one bit about Gage, Agent 3 or the overarching narrative, though.)

Miscellaneous excerpts from my notes:

o “You audacious fool!” GK is ridonkulous. And a bitch.
o (talking to the lama) STOP BLINKING ALREADY!
o Why can’t I use my staff to whack GK on his stupid head?
o Note to Arthur: Anachronistic cultural references are not inherently funny. That’s not how humour works.
o [spoiler](reaching the top of the tower) Creepy eyes! Creepy eyes![/spoiler]

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I didn’t have internet access at the week , and I am even started with Shangri La , I will try catch up or end the game in next two days or so .

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Advie - 09 February 2014 11:58 AM

I didn’t have internet access at the week

How did you survive, for Chri Allah’s sake?!?

And there I was thinking that even a day out of this forum would do you in.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 09 February 2014 11:59 AM
Advie - 09 February 2014 11:58 AM

I didn’t have internet access at the week

How did you survive

Internet isn’t everything. There’s also jacuzzi and a beach.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Hah! Taking notes is the best part of the game. Here’s my beautiful rendition of those heads:

I’m not sure what the top-right one is supposed to be, but it worked well enough to sovle the puzzle.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Kurufinwe - 09 February 2014 12:17 PM

Here’s my beautiful rendition of those heads:

Haha! Thumbs Up Come on, everyone, let us see your beautiful “head art”. Don’t be shy! (we could organize the Best Note Art contest)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top