• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 5 February 2014

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

I found this scene from the very beginning of U.F.O.s (1997) (a.k.a. Gnap) to be utterly hilarious the first time I played it. I think I repeated it like ten times in a row. The game overall is rather short and not very difficult, but its violence and humor more than make up for it.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

UFOs is a wonderful little game. Highly recommended. Hardly any text, but lots of nice alien sounds.

About your screenshot. I am wondering, not for the first time either (remember the GAG pic?), how you manage to get those split-second pics.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Not very difficult? I played it when I was in my early 20s and all I remember was how illogical everything was. I never finished it because it felt like I was brute-forcing the game, nothing in it made any sense.

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

The game has a special place in my heart. It is short, yet full of awesome animation and memorable moments (mostly violent, but fun). My personal one is probably the melancholic butcher with his threat DO-O-O-ONT.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Antrax - 04 February 2014 11:34 PM

I remember how illogical everything was… nothing in it made any sense.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but that’s the way it was intended to be, the sick bastards game creators wanted it to be that way.
Being a sick person myself , I immensely enjoyed U.F.O.s/Gnap. One of my all-time favo(u)rites. Thumbs Up

P.S. Antrax, don’t try to play Sam & Max Hit the Road or Duckman (to say nothing of the Python games)!
No logic and/or sense in those too.
P.P.S. I love U.F.O.s so much that I used a screenshot from it to make my début in a legendary thread.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Oh wow, they manage to create a bunch of moon logic puzzles? They must be awesome, and you must be double awesome for figuring it out. Please lecture me more.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Antrax - 05 February 2014 03:13 AM

you must be double awesome for figuring it out.

Awesome is my middle name, but don’t tell anybody.

Antrax - 05 February 2014 03:13 AM

Please lecture me more.

Why, of course. What else would you like me to enlighten you on? I know everything.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Great little game. I love it.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Karlok - 04 February 2014 10:07 PM

About your screenshot. I am wondering, not for the first time either (remember the GAG pic?), how you manage to get those split-second pics.

There’s no trick to it. I just spam the screenshot key of whatever program I’m using until I get the shot I want. Sometimes it’s easy and I get it on my first try like the above. Sometimes it’s harder like that Gag shot which probably took me a half dozen tries.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top