• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445nouramrfouad94

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

well i guess the makers of overclocked were right and i was wrong

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2007-04-22

PM

the german makers of the game showed kids becoming violent from playing violent games and i believe it to some extent now. the germans were also right about bin laden when everyone else said he was dead they said he was still alive. theyre a smart people and my hats off to them.

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2006-09-05

PM

People today are very violent,yes.
But humanity has always been violent.
I AM seeing some disturbing changes in todays society though.
Overclocked were a great game btw, with lots of atmosphere.

“From the dawn of time, man has always sought peace,
but war has been the terror of his legacy”

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

ghettodoghammer - 25 September 2013 10:21 AM

the german makers of the game showed kids becoming violent from playing violent games and i believe it to some extent now. the germans were also right about bin laden when everyone else said he was dead they said he was still alive. theyre a smart people and my hats off to them.

I don’t doubt that there is correlation. Of course, correlation and cause/effect are different things (though I’m sure sometimes violent games cause violent behaviour, too) However, this, as all things, are a sum of many facts. The whole society has some very serious problems right now (as they always do) and such video games are just one among many reasons why the children may be violent.

And while for some it’s a cause, for some it’s a release - meaning, they can vent any aggression with violent video games and not in real life.

And for some they don’t have any effect.

Most important thing is not to settle for a black/white image of these things.

/end of stating the obvious.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

ghettodoghammer - 25 September 2013 10:21 AM

trololololololololololo

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Martin is right about lot of things, he is well researched man.
Moment of Silence = current new whole NSA Bigbrother turn of events.
Violent games making people more aggresive. Combined with broken
characters and broken relationships in his games. He mixes thing well.

Now i want aanother well researched AG KS from Martin.

Thanks.

Grin

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

nomadsoul - 10 December 2013 06:46 AM

Martin is right about lot of things, he is well researched man.
Moment of Silence = current new whole NSA Bigbrother turn of events.
Violent games making people more aggresive. Combined with broken
characters and broken relationships in his games. He mixes thing well.

Now i want aanother well researched AG KS from Martin.

Thanks.

Grin

ME TOO!!! Where can I sign up for that?

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

If you have ever seen a 3 years old boy with a toy gun ‘shooting’ people all over him, you should know that people do not need video games to become “violent”.

Violence is a natural part of humanity, and it can be even a positive one,provided it is subjugated to morality and reason.

What is bad is immoral violence and sadism;ie this society doesn’t have too much violence, but too little morality.

The fictitious claim that ‘all violence is bad’ is in itself part of the problem.

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2006-05-18

PM

Dr.Bombay - 14 December 2013 04:37 AM

If you have ever seen a 3 years old boy with a toy gun ‘shooting’ people all over him, you should know that people do not need video games to become “violent”.

Violence is a natural part of humanity, and it can be even a positive one,provided it is subjugated to morality and reason.

What is bad is immoral violence and sadism;ie this society doesn’t have too much violence, but too little morality.

The fictitious claim that ‘all violence is bad’ is in itself part of the problem.

All violence is immoral. The idea that we can advance our ideas, interests, and perspectives through a closed fist, gun, or any type of weapon is not only sick, it’s counter-intuitive, inevitably doesn’t work, but even worse creates more violence.

While I can grok (and it’s a bigger discussion than here) that some violence can be justified - it can only be justified on the grounds it is ending, preventing, or subliminating another form of violence, that the net impact is to lower violence (which it rarely does.)

I have no idea what you mean by immoral violence, as morality is subjective. However, I would argue that violence, as a means to solve any issue, is at its base objectively immoral.

Also, no videogames don’t make people violent. No art form really has the impact to make you pick up a gun, what it can do, though, is tell you where to aim it.

“Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.” - Isaac Asimov

“The bleeding hearts and artists make their stand.” - RW

“The ability to dream is all I have to give. That is my responsibility; that is my burden. And even I grow tired.”
― Harlan Ellison, Stalking the Nightmare

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top