• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Monday 20 January 2014

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Graphics aren’t really all that important to me but something about Escape from Delirium (1995) really rubs me the wrong way. The game is just really ugly to me and I’m not sure why it bothers me because I’ve played a lot of ugly games before without any issue. The interface is particularly dreadful looking.

Anyway, the story is completely nonsensical and it isn’t because of the poor English translation. In fact, you’d be better off just downloading some of the better rated freeware AGS games. Most of them are better than this.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Ugh, I agree with the “ugly” part. Sealed Lips

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Sure, this game brings “ugly” to a whole new level (never reached before).
On the bright side(?), EfD features Saddam Hussein (or his lookalike), whose screenshot has been used in many quizzes.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I don’t know, I thought the graphics are not without its “charm” - it’s like a messy Monkey Island. Laughing

zobraks - 20 January 2014 07:02 AM

On the bright side(?), EfD features Saddam Hussein (or his lookalike), the screenshot of whose have been used in many a quiz.

I thought that “the airplane wing that goes right through the streetlight” is the most iconic EFD image:

and the plane crash.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top