• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 16 January 2014

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Here’s a sinister looking graveyard from Ooze: Creepy Nites (1989), an old tongue-in-cheek horror text adventure I first played on the Amiga. The screenshot is from the DOS version though.

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

I like that, even with low-resolution and limited colours, the picture is still pretty effective. Was it entirely humorous or did it have properly unnerving parts as well?

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

stepurhan - 16 January 2014 03:15 AM

I like that, even with low-resolution and limited colours, the picture is still pretty effective. Was it entirely humorous or did it have properly unnerving parts as well?

^ This.

That screenshot doesn’t exactly spell “tongue-in-cheek”, but rather “bona fide horror” to me…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

@Timovieman: Why is the list of ADSotD suddenly separated from the “important/popular threads list” and no longer sticky?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

stepurhan - 16 January 2014 03:15 AM

It’s a satirical game so it often plays it straight faced, but it really plays on standard haunted house tropes as well as straight out humor. For instance, you are a member of the Burger family and your name is Ham. You meet the ghost of your Uncle Cheez at one point. You’ll also encounter the ghost of Lancelot (yes, of Arthurian Legend), Vino the wine spirit and a woman named Marie EnToilet.

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Karlok - 16 January 2014 08:21 PM

@Timovieman: Why is the list of ADSotD suddenly separated from the “important/popular threads list” and no longer sticky?

It was never sticky, only linked to from the “game recommendations and important/popular threads” topic that is. It popped to the top when he had to make a new post because he hit the character limit and couldn’t make any more links in it.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Let me rephrase my question. Timovieman, any chance you can find a way to make the list of AGSotD sticky (again)?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

^^ What Bastich said is correct.

Karlok - 17 January 2014 02:27 AM

Let me rephrase my question. Timovieman, any chance you can find a way to make the list of AGSotD sticky (again)?

The reason why I didn’t make it sticky is to avoid having far too many sticky threads on top. We’ve got the discount thread, AG’s call for screenshot submissions, the current community playthrough thread and my recommendations thread.
That’s four stickied threads.
Adding more would be overkill, imo, which is precisely why I made the “Recommendations and important/popular threads”.
With that thread, you can access both Kurufinwe’s AGSotD list and Bastich’s. They’re not sticky, but really, with the use of my thread it’s only one additional click to find them… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

TimovieMan - 17 January 2014 06:40 AM

I made the “Recommendations and important/popular threads”.
With that thread, you can access both Kurufinwe’s AGSotD list and Bastich’s. They’re not sticky, but really, with the use of my thread it’s only one additional click to find them… Wink

That’s called pimping shilling one’s own thread. Tongue

BTW, visit this.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

zobraks - 17 January 2014 06:49 AM

That’s called pimping shilling one’s own thread. Tongue

Was I not supposed to do that??? Innocent

Anyway, the “Recommendations and important/popular threads” thread is awesome! Check it out!!! Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top