• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers article ideas

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

Since this site covers the industry of adventure games, I though I’d throw out a couple article ideas I recently came up with:

In my job as a trade magazine editor (covering the North American grocery retail industry), we put out an annual list of top industry talents—people who truly have been the “movers and shakers” of the industry during the past year. I would love for Adventure Gamers to do something like that.

We also put out an annual “State of the Industry Report” to explain the major news, innovations and trends of the industry during the past year. Something like that would also be cool for Adventure Gamers to put out—not just for developers to see, but also the players.

Just an idea I’d like to throw out there.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

What a novel idea. The general gaming press doesn’t even do that… It’ll probably be embarrassing for them to reveal that the biggest movers and shakers are all executives from the big publishers and none of the developers.

EDIT: How would you assess each person’s value? The amount of revenue they’ve generated for the industry? Technological or business innovations? Notoriety?

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

That’s the great thing about the AG industry today: The bigwigs don’t rule it alone. You would just as likely see a really good indie developer on the list as you would Tim Schafer or Jane Jensen (though the latter two clearly would probably make bigger news/products).

I don’t think judging by revenue earned would be the ticket, since that’s pretty relative (e.g., A new Blackwell game probably won’t make as much as something from a legendary developer backed by a big publisher, though both games could be considered excellent by readers and the staff). I think Adventure Gamers’ staff would be better off judging by innovation, product quality, how popular his/her games have been with the community, etc.

Adventure Gamers also could do a short list of “People to Watch,” comprising developers expected to do some pretty big things within the next year.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

thejobloshow - 04 July 2012 03:39 AM

What a novel idea. The general gaming press doesn’t even do that… It’ll probably be embarrassing for them to reveal that the biggest movers and shakers are all executives from the big publishers and none of the developers.

Sure they do.

IGN
GamesTM
Kotaku
OXM
GameZone
Gamespy

It’s still an interesting idea to do something like this focused on adventure games. However I don’t think it’s something that would change drastically from year to year.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

While a yearly thing would probably be a bit overkill, these articles would be very interesting to read every once in awhile when they’re relevant again. In a time like this where the industry is once again on the way up it would be especially interesting to read.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

fov - 04 July 2012 11:48 AM
thejobloshow - 04 July 2012 03:39 AM

Sure they do.

IGN
GamesTM
Kotaku
OXM
GameZone
Gamespy

Nice. It should be an annual thing for the general industry though.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top