• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 8 January 2014

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Here’s a nice classic car from The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft (2008). I kind of figured they would start pumping these out like the Nancy Drew games, but it never happened. It must have sold pretty poorly.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Heh, I read a whole bunch of the Hardy Boys books when I was a kid. Is the game any good?

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

That’s a generally accurate if slightly misshapen interpretation of a ‘56 Ford.  In the books didn’t Judge Hardy, the boy’s father, always drive a Packard?  Or am I confusing Andy Hardy with the Hardy Boys?

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

When I first saw the title I thought these guys were Oliver Hardy’s grandsons.
I’m old school, you know.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I hated the interface and navigation. Getting the boys to go where I wanted them to go was so frustrating that I gave up on the game after 20 minutes or so.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

I’m a fan of the Nancy Drew games and I would have welcomed a Hardy Boys series if it was done right. This game was not. I don’t even remember why I hated it, I just remember that I never finished it and never had a desire to revisit it. Maybe it was the controls like Karlok said.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Can’t believe anyone actually spent their hard earned cash on this game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top