• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzLittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Monday 6 January 2014

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

This spooky castle is from Hollywood Monsters (1997), another one of Pendulo’s games, which was only ever released in Spanish. There’s an English fan-sub patch for it now though. I wonder how much easier the game is in English as I played it in Spanish, which I don’t speak.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

At the very least it should be more fun to play it in English. I played the English beta version Pendulo made with English voices but never released. See review at the old site Four Fat Chicks, now called Tap Repeatedly. But in several places the text was still in Spanish with totally different voices. I hated not understanding what was going on and the game got more and more difficult, even in English, and confusing. Unfinished, although I definitely liked it at first. Cry

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Bastich - 05 January 2014 10:15 PM

I wonder how much easier the game is in English as I played it in Spanish, which I don’t speak.

lool, awesome man.

I wonder why many are convinced that Yesterday is to be Hollywood Monsters II, since I never had the chance to play it like you.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I too played and finished it in Spanish, with heavy use of a Spanish walkthrough and google translate. A very tedious task, I was stuck for ages for missing the tiny pebble in the mine. I tried the fan-made translation not long ago. I couldn’t bring myself to play through the whole game a second time, but the patch works well and the translations are quite good, definitely a better alternative if you don’t speak Spanish Wink

Advie - 06 January 2014 08:47 AM
Bastich - 05 January 2014 10:15 PM

I wonder how much easier the game is in English as I played it in Spanish, which I don’t speak.

I wonder why many are convinced that Yesterday is to be Hollywood Monsters II, since I never had the chance to play it like you.

They are? I don’t know, not a lot of what goes on in Yesterday fits the title “Hollywood Monsters”. The Next Big Thing, however… Wink

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

SHIT! ,yes that is IT The Next Big Thing  Foot in mouth

so does it fit as a sequel for Hollywood Monsters ?  Nerd  Sarcastic

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The official The Next Big Thing Spanish/Italian title is Hollywood Monsters 2.

There’s a clue. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Advie - 07 January 2014 04:58 PM

SHIT! ,yes that is IT The Next Big Thing  Foot in mouth

so does it fit as a sequel for Hollywood Monsters ?  Nerd  Sarcastic

Well, not really, The Next Big Thing was originally supposed to be a remake of Hollywood Monsters, not a sequel, but they ended up changing so many things that it turned out as an individual game. Then they just called it “Hollywood Monsters 2”. They still have a lot of similarities to their stories, and there are a few (not many) of the same puzzles. So, they’re not really a prequel and a sequel, but rather the same story fleshed out in two different ways.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top