• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Edna & Harvey:The Breakout

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I appear to have hit a bug reasonably late in this game. For the menu in the cafeteria I know I have to rearange it and I’m sure I know in what I order I need to do it but I can’t get the final menu choice to “stick”.
In fact I have to deliberatley crash the game to do anything at this point. Does anyone have any advice or perhaps a save game at this juncture please?

TIA

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2011-07-21

PM

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

adreasnaxos - 02 November 2012 03:10 AM

http://www.crocko.com/6CD5CC42D7BB45F4B9BD15CFD6898075/EDNA_AND_HARVEY_I_-_THE_BREAKOUT___Savegames.rar

Thanks but copying over what might have been somewhere near where I am just resulted in the game failing to start so I’m no better off.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

Jabod - 01 November 2012 04:40 PM

I appear to have hit a bug reasonably late in this game. For the menu in the cafeteria I know I have to rearange it and I’m sure I know in what I order I need to do it but I can’t get the final menu choice to “stick”.
In fact I have to deliberatley crash the game to do anything at this point. Does anyone have any advice or perhaps a save game at this juncture please?

TIA

I had this problem too and passed the problematic point only by switching to German language where the menu worked fine.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Ark7 - 25 December 2012 05:54 PM

I had this problem too and passed the problematic point only by switching to German language where the menu worked fine.

I had to rebuild my main PC whilst stuck at this point and didn’t bother to save the saved games (bit weird in E&H) so restarted from the beginning. When it came to this point again instead of clicking on each menu item consecutevely to move them about I placed the one I’d picked up when first moving an item and placed it into the spare slot then moved another menu item. This worked fine.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

Jabod - 26 December 2012 09:38 AM

I had to rebuild my main PC whilst stuck at this point and didn’t bother to save the saved games (bit weird in E&H) so restarted from the beginning. When it came to this point again instead of clicking on each menu item consecutevely to move them about I placed the one I’d picked up when first moving an item and placed it into the spare slot then moved another menu item. This worked fine.

Interesting, but I don’t quite understand it, maybe a picture or video would help.
Edit: Well, it seems I could reproduce it. In the German version you can put any label at any spot and rearrange the menu without a problem. In the English version you must pick up the label at the top and put it on the spot/label just below it. Then repeat it (always switching label with spot below) until you are at the lowest spot and then put the label from it to the top spot again. If you choose a different rearranging order, then the bug will most probably occur and you will not be able to leave the lunch menu and game. A crazy bug in the crazy game.

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

Here is a video I made (warning, contains spoiler):

I cannot pass it in the same way as is shown in this walkthrough (at 12:41) because the game won’t let me place a label on Hoti/Moti spot and I cannot leave the menu.

I don’t know why, a different game version?

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

What is needed to easily get round this problem is to do this:

Start up the game but select German as the desired language then resume the game. The names of the people are all the same except Beeman and that’s obvious anyway. You might like to note the position of the menu items so you know what’s what first. Then re-order the menu items as you think they should be (I’m not giving that away here!). You’ll find that you can now pin the items back to the board ok. Save the game, exit, restart, select English, resume and you’re up and running again.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Ark7 - 26 December 2012 01:12 PM
Jabod - 26 December 2012 09:38 AM

Interesting, but I don’t quite understand it, maybe a picture or video would help.
Edit: Well, it seems I could reproduce it. In the German version you can put any label at any spot and rearrange the menu without a problem. In the English version you must pick up the label at the top and put it on the spot/label just below it. Then repeat it (always switching label with spot below) until you are at the lowest spot and then put the label from it to the top spot again. If you choose a different rearranging order, then the bug will most probably occur and you will not be able to leave the lunch menu and game. A crazy bug in the crazy game.

Somewhat weirdly on a recent replay that didn’t work hence the post above.

Life is what it is.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top