• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Years 2014 Adventure Game Resolutions

Total Posts: 143

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

2014 is shaping up to be an interesting year for Adventure games. A couple of high profile Kickstarter games will probably materialize this year. So I’m getting a bit hyped for adventure games again in general after a bit of a lull. So I’m going to set some goals for myself.

Adventure Games I intend to play/beat in 2014

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father
Under a Killing Moon

These are three pretty important games that I’ve put off way too long. Time to cross them off my list I think.

What Bout you guys? Any goals for 2014?

Adventure Gamer Since 1992

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’ll finish Keepsake.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

2013 was a VERY good year for adventure games - Beyond Two Souls showed us that adventure games can look just as good as any other genre release.

In 2014:

1) Reduce my backlog of 44 PC adventure games waiting to be played.

2) Reduce my backlog of 10 PS3 adventure games waiting to be played.

3) Purchase and play 6 PS VITA adventure games:

A) The Walking Dead, Season 2

B) Wolf Among Us

C) Broken Sword 5

D) Danganropa

E) Corpse Party; Blood Ties

F) Zero Escape 3

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2012-02-15

PM

2014 is a promising year indeed.

Early 2014
Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect
The Thought Saved for Last
Two Guys SpaceVenture
Vsevold
The Walking Dead Season 2
The Witness
The Wolf Among Us Episode 2
Wychwood Hollow Teaser
Xing: The Land Beyond

Q1 2014
Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw
Broken Age
Carol Reed 10: Bosch’s Damnation  
City of Secrets 2: Episode 1
Coma: A Mind Adventure
Cradle
Dark Fall 4  
The Dead Flowers Case
Dead Synchronicity  
The Detail
Dreamfall Chapters
Enola
Ether One
Europa 2022
Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture
The First Crown
The Franz Kafka
Fran Bow
Freak Files
Ghost Watch  
Heaven’s Hope
Hidden Trailer
Hidden Dawn  
Homesick
H.P. Lovecraft’s Dagon  
Jack Houston and the Necronauts
The Journey of Iesir  
King’s Quest
The Last Crown: Haunting of Hallowed Isle
La Musica  
Lost Horizon 2  
Mage’s Initiation: Reign of the Elements
Memento Mori 2
Moebius
Nando’s World
Nosebound
Prominence
Quest for Infamy

Summer 2014
Randall’s Monday
Rose – Episode 1
Reincarnation: The Root of All Evil
Republique
Routine Teaser
The Samaritan Paradox
Samorost 3
The Second Guest
Shades of Violet: Song of the Clockwork Princess
Shadowgate
Shadows on the Vatican—Act II: Wrath
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments
Stasis
Syberia 3
Tengami

Late 2014
Silence: The Whispered World 2

TBA
1954: Alcatraz  
Adamantus
Adam Syndrome
The Adventures of the Black General
AGON 5: The Tale of the Four Dragons
Among the Sleep
Asylum
Blackenrock  
Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

that is great list JBS, thanks I copied it for later . but I only expect half of them to be resealed anyways Smile

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

JBS - 24 December 2013 02:06 PM

Q1 2014
Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw

That’s a good one!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2013-04-25

PM

Resolutions huh…
- Complete my AG game Grin which is probably impossible but still gotta try…
- Play as many AGs I can!
- Actually complete all the games I’ve played.

Games Played: Ace Attorney (PW 1-3, Apollo Justice, Miles Investigation), Hotel Dusk and Last Window, Professor Layton (Curious Village, Diabolical Box, Unwound Future, Lost Specter), 999 and Zero Escape, Walking Dead S1-2, Trace Memory, Area-X, Time Hollow, Ghost Trick, Indian Jones FoA   Currently Playing: Portal 2, PL - Miracle Mask, Dangan Ronpa

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Advie - 24 December 2013 02:39 PM

that is great list JBS, thanks I copied it for later . but I only expect half of them to be resealed anyways Smile

It’s missing J.U.L.I.A.: Among The Stars and Nelly Cootalot And The Fowl Fleet

Life is what it is.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Sadly, I found 6 more adventure games on PSN to purchase for the PS VITA. My resolution before I even THINK about getting an ipad is to finish all of my games then a 128 GB (to hold all those adventure games) ipad mini with Retina display will be mine.

My backlog is huge and even includes an adventure game I could not find a positive review on:

“The Rockin’ Dead” - bought for $4.99 with 3D glasses. How bad is it? Will I write it’s first positive review?

We’ll see.

I’m about 50% through Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thorton Hall and 80% through “The Walking Dead” on the VITA so I do have a dent started in the pile of games waiting to be played.

My guess is that I’ll be playing this pile of games through 2014 into 2015 and probably 2016.

So my ipad won’t be gotten anytime soon.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

My resolution in the new year is to play more iOS games. It’s an underrated platform where a lot of interesting things are happening in terms of apps centered around puzzles. The Room 2 looks phenomenal and I’m currently consumed with Gravity Duck, a VVVVVV-esque puzzle platformer that’s currently free!

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

My resolution in the new year is to play more iOS games. It’s an underrated platform where a lot of interesting things are happening in terms of apps centered around puzzles.

I counted 52 adventure games I haven’t played on ios. You can get an ipad for as little as $149 dollars used.

The ipad mini with Retina display is supposed to be Apple’s first serious mobile gaming plaform.

I’ve played it - it is wonderful.

So - after my huge backlog of adventure games I’ve bought is played - I’ll be ready for it. That will take quite a while - but my treat for all my hard work will be an ipad.

Personally, an ipad and a PC Netbook at Starbucks playing adventure games - life is indeed good.

Heart

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Sadly, I’m completely burnt out on adventure games at the moment. It figures it would happen the year when many of my favorite series are getting new installments and lots of interesting stuff is on the horizon.

Hopefully it won’t last too long, but I’m probably going to take a break from the genre and play a bunch of action and RPG games until I feel the urge for an adventure game again.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

2014 New Year’s resolution: playing games again!!!

Since the birth of little Zoë, I’ve only been able to get a few sessions of Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (about two hours worth tops) in, the alpha demo of Stasis, and a couple of hours of Championship Manager 01/02 (because I can play that without sound, unlike AGs).

I really need some real adventure game time again. Still need to finish IHNMAIMS, Area-X and Miracle Mask…

Frankly, after almost three months, it’s a miracle I’m not getting withdrawal…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 405

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

My resolution is just to play more adventures… I played a few this year, but I have so so many to play.

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’m thinking about getting an ipad this year - but I’ve got so many games to play - should I?

The nice part about the PC Netbook and the VITA is that while they both get lots of adventure games, the games they get are VERY different.

Right now on the PC Netbook:

Black Mirror 2 - I like it too, I like better than 1 and 3 actually.

On the PS VITA:

Flower - this game is stunning - caught me by surprise.

So…......any thoughts? Should I wait or buy now…...

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top