• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordzwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 1 July 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Today is Canada Day! So here’s Sybil Pandemik, Queen of Canada! (Wouldn’t she be better than that old disgusting thing and her family of inbred monsters?)

I originally wanted to post a scene from a game taking place in Canada, but after scratching my head for a really long time, I couldn’t come up with anything… Let me know if I missed something obvious.

Anyway, do you think Telltale should do a 4th season of Sam & Max, or should the duo be given a decade or so to rest? Do you want to see what Sybil’s kid looks like, or are you tired of her and Abe?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’d like a new series but not an overarching plot like Devil’s Playhouse, and I’d like fresh characters because the old ones were getting a bit stale. Keep Sybil and Bosco and Stinky of course, but give them very minor roles.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

There does seem to be a lack of Canada based games. Even Scotland has a couple.

You would think with all the production studios and game studios in Canada one of them would set something at home. Most of the games with Canadian Locations seem to be hockey simulators or F1 games.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

which Season/part is that scene from??, i am not sure! cuz i only played the 1st two seasons and haven’t played the third yet(Devil’s ....) !!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

It was in “Bright Side of the Moon” which sixth and final episode of season one.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ahaa that when sybil actually goes really Nuts (more than the usual) Grin , Thanks Lucien

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I remember playing this thinking ‘when does it get funny?’ I don’t think Telltale understands Sam and Max’s humour. They did a much better job with the writing in Monkey Island though.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I loved the first two seasons. Very funny. Haven’t played the third one yet, the constant struggle with the interface/navigation was too tiresome.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

I hope my fellow Canadians had a great holiday! (Why do I always seem to bring up the rear in these AGSotD threads???) I never expected ‘Queen of Canada’ would be one of Sybil’s numerous occupations, though. Nice twist on some of the Canadian clichés! Grin The only game I can think of that takes place in Canada is Nancy Drew: White Wolf of Icicle Creek. Surprise, surprise, it’s set during the frigid Canadian summer! Tongue (At least Nancy didn’t say she was visiting her “Arctic friends to the north”.)

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Trunkyo - 03 July 2012 10:13 AM

Why do I always seem to bring up the rear in these AGSotD threads???

Because you’re so slow (and BUSY ), why else?

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sam & Max is probably Telltale’s best effort yet - the idea was fresh and their episodic system worked great (even though I’ve heard great things of their debut Bone, and Wallace & Gromit as well). Simply, it was something people at Telltale wanted to do even while they worked on Freelance Police at LucasArts, and the enthusiasm showed. However, even though I don’t consider Tales of MI bad, I feel the formula didn’t work just as great. And it all went downhill from Back to the Future. Hoping they’ll get back on track with future releases.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

diego - 05 July 2012 06:08 AM

(even though I’ve heard great things of their debut Bone, and Wallace & Gromit as well)

I really enjoyed Wallace and Gromit. Very underrated.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

diego - 05 July 2012 06:08 AM

Sam & Max is probably Telltale’s best effort yet - the idea was fresh and their episodic system worked great (even though I’ve heard great things of their debut Bone, and Wallace & Gromit as well). Simply, it was something people at Telltale wanted to do even while they worked on Freelance Police at LucasArts, and the enthusiasm showed. However, even though I don’t consider Tales of MI bad, I feel the formula didn’t work just as great. And it all went downhill from Back to the Future. Hoping they’ll get back on track with future releases.

I couldn’t agree more.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top