• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

PS4 or XB1??

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 29 November 2013 08:47 PM
wilco - 29 November 2013 07:22 PM

I’ve only start messing with it but the UI, install times, multitasking of the PS4 is amazing so far. Everything is so fast.
Seriously, I was so used to leave a game installing and doing something else for half an hour on the PS3, so I was shocked to be playing AC 4 in less than one minute after inserting the disk…
The controller feels nice but the sticks feel a bit weird, probably because they are so different.

Yeah and Xb1 is lagging in that dept.
Installation time takes minutes, 3 to 5, against seconds on PS4.

Also i saw Euro models are Japan made Smile.

Edit:

That Euro launch, worldwar z ps4 eidtion :o

http://gearnuke.com/witness-crazy-stampede-people-getting-playstation-4-launch-france/

lol, I don’t understand why people just don’t pre-order.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

SoccerDude28 - 30 November 2013 01:08 PM
wilco - 29 November 2013 07:22 PM

I’ve only start messing with it but the UI, install times, multitasking of the PS4 is amazing so far. Everything is so fast.
Seriously, I was so used to leave a game installing and doing something else for half an hour on the PS3, so I was shocked to be playing AC 4 in less than one minute after inserting the disk…
The controller feels nice but the sticks feel a bit weird, probably because they are so different.

Yeah and Xb1 is lagging in that dept.
Installation time takes minutes, 3 to 5, against seconds on PS4.

Edit:

That Euro launch, worldwar z ps4 eidtion :o

http://gearnuke.com/witness-crazy-stampede-people-getting-playstation-4-launch-france/

lol, I don’t understand why people just don’t pre-order.

I know, I had a long lie in yesterday followed by some tv watching as a followed the tracking on my parcel around the town until the driver dropped it off at my door? no fuss , relaxing , never left the house.

Ont o lots of PS4 fun while those idiots queued in the cold.
Pan

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Not all, mine is from China.

I went to the midnight launch but my store was only selling to people that pre-ordered so I just arrived there close to midnight. No stampede there Smile

But it amazes me that some stores still don’t organize these big launches in orderly fashion, maybe they just want the chaos and publicity.

Edit:
This video, what the hell!

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

....but 9gag says only Americans are like this.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 30 November 2013 07:46 PM

No stampede there Smile

But it amazes me that some stores still don’t organize these big launches in orderly fashion, maybe they just want the chaos and publicity.

Edit:
This video, what the hell!

I ran into blackfriday sales stampede once, crazy fun Grin.

Yes you are right, i heard that they are orchestrated and the cameramen are planted in advance.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

PS4 fastest-selling console in UK history

and Knack outsold SMario3D WiiU…..LoL hard Grin

Knack FTW! Smile

I hope Ninty lowers the price so that rebuy it with X and Bayonetta2 release.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lol! Poor WiiU… PS4 almost doubled WiiU lifetime sales in 2 days in the UK.

After a couple days my impressions of the PS4 games that I played:

Killzone Shadowfall: Played first 4 areas Unbelievably gorgeous, big outdoors area, great lighting. But the gameplay feels so clumsy… Hard in a frustrating way, levels design are confusing with no clear goals and they try to add some variety to the gameplay, but… it’s just wrong so far.

Knack: Surprisingly challenging, even in normal difficulty, but this one feels fair, you just have to play it cautions, not a lot of platforming so far, it’s mostly combat. Knack growing and powers are ok and look good, there just doesn’t seem to have a lot of variety so far. (There is more imagination in a single Mario 3D World level…)

AC 4: Probably best launch game Smile , I’ve written somewhere here that I wanted the next step in AC franchise to be pirates and that’s exactly what it is. Control a ship and a crew and pillage, fish, explore, search for treasure maps, etc. Looks very good, seems like a big step up from last-gen with less glitching (but it’s the same game).

Resogun: Addicting and fun.

Contrast: Seems like a nice puzzle platformer (and free with PS+) there is an article on the adventuregamers front page now about it.

The Playroom: Meeeeeh, fun for 5 minutes but I thought there would be more games to show the cameras ability. Looking forward to see what Double Fine does with it.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Funny, I found Shadowfall gameplay far from clumsy. It thought it was very well polished especially with the transition between on the ground and zero G. Even the bot partner was a perfect addition. Sure the game is no AC4 but it definitely felt right.

GO play Lego Marvel on PS4. Its gorgeous and fun.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I bought a vita a few days ago, and one of the features i was most excited about was remote play. After trying it out on Knack, I’m sad to say this feature is useless. The lag makes the game unplayable and the graphics also did not look too sharp. They tend to look grainy. Did anyone else try remote play? I have a 30 MBPS internet connection so it should not be slow.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 06 December 2013 10:56 PM

I bought a vita a few days ago, and one of the features i was most excited about was remote play. After trying it out on Knack, I’m sad to say this feature is useless. The lag makes the game unplayable and the graphics also did not look too sharp. They tend to look grainy. Did anyone else try remote play? I have a 30 MBPS internet connection so it should not be slow.

I tried Resogun with the direct connection fom Vita to the PS4, it was not bad but it was as smooth and the graphics suffered a bit. Clearly inferior the Wii U remote play. But It was playable and it might be a good feature to use in some games when the TV unavailable.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-12-09

PM

Haven’t had a chance to try the One yet but have played the PS4 for a couple of hours. Tried the demo for FIFA/NBA 14 and was impressed with the visuals. Since it was the demo, there were some minor issues but I imagine they got fixed in the final version.

Knack was a nice surprise but haven’t played enough of it yet to fully judge it. KZ haven’t tried yet but was sad to find out it didn’t support co-op which I liked in KZ3. I also tried Lego Marvel Heroes for a bit and liked that as well, seems like a fun game to play with a friend and if you’ve never played a Lego game, don’t think it’s just for kids as they’re usually fun for adults too.

Overall, my mind wasn’t blown by the PS4 so far but as others have said, it’s still launch so we’ll have to wait and see.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Looks like M$ panicking, they put up Titanfall bundle for 450$ now Forza bundle is
only 399$ on Amazon and my pal ordered it.
After Secondson Ps4 sales increase was much greater than xb1+titanfall lol

Titan fell down Grin

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Secondson?

Anyways, XOne is coming in many places, like Finland, officially only in September… Then again, I wouldn’t care because that’s about the time the first interesting consoles-only game comes out (Destiny, and even for that I’m still hoping for a PC release), so I wouldn’t make a decision about getting either console until then anyways (and maybe not even then). Also, I suspect a price-drop then.

I doubt MS is in too big troubles overall. XBox is still selling, and who knows how it goes in the long run. Sure, PS4 is in a clear lead, but from some of the sales reports I’ve seen it’s not as dominating as it may seem on forums and such, and it hasn’t been a very long time yet in this gen (I mean, Xbux sure won’t “win”, but it might not be a massive difference in the end - we saw how it went with last gen - but then PS4 did have the theoretically more powerful machine (but cluttered by the complicated system that made it so hard to utilize the power)). But hopefully it means that XBox will step up and come up with some brilliant way to lessen the advantage - as unlikely as that may be (you know, they should bring an XBox One.2 out, with improved hardware Grin). I like the fact that XBox at least tried to innovate, although it didn’t really work out… But I dunno, to me it’s about the games and right now that’s something neither has.

Frankly, I’m not impressed by either console.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

It’s the same for me too.

I’ve had zero interest in the xbox one since it was first announced, so I probably will eventually get a PS4. At the moment though, I’ve seen little reason to buy one mind.

This is the first generation of consoles where I’ve been pretty flat about it all.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

1 year delay for a lot of countries for the Xbone, why would anyone care about it at this point? Microsoft clearly doesn’t care about those consumers…

UPtimist - 25 March 2014 08:45 AM

Secondson?

Infamous: Second Son - the first big exclusive post launch date.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top