• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Online Gaming Research

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-12-02

PM

Hi guys,

I’m a third year Psychology student and I’m aiming to see whether any personality traits make people more prone to gaming addiction.

All participants are anonymous but gaining participants who really enjoy gaming would help to gain significant results and contribute to the growing need for gaming addiction to be taken more seriously as an illness requiring proper forms of treatment/intervention.

If you could all take 5 minutes of your time and fill out my survey I would be so grateful to you all!

https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/ntupsychology/gamingaddiction

Thanks

Sarah Smile

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

sarahfn20 - 02 December 2013 05:55 AM

Hi guys,

I’m a third year Psychology student and I’m aiming to see whether any personality traits make people more prone to gaming addiction.

All participants are anonymous but gaining participants who really enjoy gaming would help to gain significant results and contribute to the growing need for gaming addiction to be taken more seriously as an illness requiring proper forms of treatment/intervention.

If you could all take 5 minutes of your time and fill out my survey I would be so grateful to you all!

https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/ntupsychology/gamingaddiction

Thanks

Sarah Smile

Done.
Good Topic.
PM me your email, i want to know results and your Research paper after it gets published. My research paper on Gaming and Agression correlation is pending to be published. Its approved and proved that gaming makes people aggressive.

Joined 2013-12-02

PM

Done.
Good Topic.
PM me your email, i want to know results and your Research paper after it gets published. My research paper on Gaming and Agression correlation is pending to be published. Its approved and proved that gaming makes people aggressive.

Wow! Some actual positive feedback! Everyone else has been abusing me for ‘hating’ gamers when I myself am in fact a gamer!
Email is N0361222 @my. ntu. ac. uk

Thanks!

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Done. Nice research, should be supported! Although I wish it wasn’t that heavy on English idioms Confused

PC means personal computer

Joined 2013-12-02

PM

Doom - 02 December 2013 12:49 PM

Done. Nice research, should be supported! Although I wish it wasn’t that heavy on English idioms Confused

Thanks for your help! Smile Yeah I know. It’s unfortunate that I’m not allowed to reword questions or make my own! ha

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Doom - 02 December 2013 12:49 PM

This and More

1.  Try to add more questions related to gaming habits for better correlation
  I hope you are using Regression or some other model.

2.  I am excited about leisure time and then asking opposite question
  I dont feel excited is useless. You will get answer in former question
  to add numeric value and find out quantitative result.

3.  Though i did it for you still you will get bias results because you havent asked
  if sample even play Online games, how much and ratio of Online versus Single player.
  The addiction/love of gaming itself is whole. In current complex social games
  addiction of Single/offline and online gaming can overlap. Again which will give
  Biased results.

If you need help will PM you and we can discuss better Methodologies.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Filled in the survey earlier. Will the results be made public in the end?

Same for nomadsoul’s research paper (if it’s in a language I can understand at least). It’s an interesting subject, imo.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-12-02

PM

TimovieMan - 02 December 2013 03:47 PM

Filled in the survey earlier. Will the results be made public in the end?

Same for nomadsoul’s research paper (if it’s in a language I can understand at least). It’s an interesting subject, imo.

Thank you! I can email you the overall results once the research is completed if you like?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

sarahfn20 - 02 December 2013 04:21 PM

Thank you! I can email you the overall results once the research is completed if you like?

Sure! I’ll PM you my address.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top