• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #25:  Inherit the Earth

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Welcome to the playthrough of Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb.  This is my first time as a playthrough leader, but I’ll do my best to keep things on track as we go through the game.  If I get out of line, you veteran leaders and players should let me know.  Also, my game is installed (from the Wyrmkeep CD) in OS 10.3.9 (pre-Intel) in my iBook.  If anyone notices any differences in gameplay with the Windows installation, please let me know.

The introduction to the game tells us that the humans went away long ago after giving the animals certain special gifts, and the first cut scene begins with the final moves of a game tournament at the faire.  Unfortunately, the festivities are interrupted by the announcement that the Orb of Storms, an instrument that predicts the weather, has been stolen, and our main character, Rif the fox, has been coerced into finding the orb, accompanied by Eeah the elk and Okk the boar.

The game is naturally divided into 3 parts, which we’ll use as stopping points as we go forth on our quest.  The sections are:
Part 1 - The Known Lands
Part 2 - The Wild Lands
Part 3 - The North Island

Each section should take no more than 10 days to complete, and I would like us to start on Tuesday, December 3 which puts the last day on Wednesday, January 1.  If necessary, this can be extended until Saturday, January 4, but since I’m leaving on a jet plane the following day and will be without computer access for 2 weeks, I’d prefer that we stick to the 10-day plan as closely as possible.  As usual, we’ll keep each other informed of our progress in the thread and make adjustments accordingly.

Check in here when you get the game installed and have viewed the introduction and the opening cut scene.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Installed the gog version and watched the intro. First time playing it.

The game isn’t stretching to full screen, the clack borders around the game area are huge.  Any way to stretch it?

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Hmmm.  I get two radio buttons at the beginning that allow me to choose full screen or windowed play.  Try the right mouse button to see if you get any options.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

wilco - 01 December 2013 02:07 PM

Installed the gog version and watched the intro. First time playing it.

The game isn’t stretching to full screen, the clack borders around the game area are huge.  Any way to stretch it?

I bought the game a few months ago & played through the introduction just to see whether it was a game I would like to continue with in a CP !

I vaguely remember it launching in a smaller screen but I’ve just checked & I do now have it in full screen - I don’t remember now what I did but it is possible!

EDIT: If Lady Kestrel’s advice doesn’t work try right-clicking on the games icon/shortcut then on properties - click on the shortcut heading & you should see some options you can scroll through next to ‘Run’ for Normal Window, Minimised or Maximised - I have mine on Normal Window.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2011-06-16

PM

just click on the shortcut of the game and choose combatibility setting (run in 640x480)
this worked for me

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I downloaded and installed the GOG version. At the begining, there was an option about playing the game in full screen (you can also find this option again in a config application in the installation folder). Now, trying to play it. While the audio is perfect, unfortunately, I am trying to find out why the heck instead of the game’s graphics I see…something like coloured lines (I can’t decribe it better). Hoping that it’s not one of the GOG’s usual “can’t be played in laptops with Win 7 64-bit”, I’ll try to solve the problem in the following days…

EDIT: Ahhh, problem easily solved. God bless ScummVM!! Works like a charm there….
I recommend it to everyone.

I am ready to go Lady K! Smile

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Thanks everybody, right click properties worked,
I’m ready to stop this fox discrimination Smile

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I downloaded the GOG version for Mac.
It seems to be based on the Wyrmkeep version.
I have OS 10.6.8 on an old iMac (Intel processor).
Every time I start the game this configuration box appears:

With “Play Full Screen” selected, the picture stretches to full screen—no borders—on my 24” widescreen (16:10 aspect ratio).
With “Play in a Window” selected, I get a widescreen window, not a 640x480 window.
So the GOG Mac version of the game seems to be widescreen only.

Every time I start the game, the icon for a mounted image appears onscreen along with the configuration box.
If I dismount the image before clicking “Play” in the configuration box, the game asks for a CD when I try to start it.

The game always starts with the opening videos, even after making a save, but the Escape key skips the videos.

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2013-11-29

PM

Got the GOG version, using ScummVM, good to go!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, I meant to mention that the intro about the humans can be skipped using the Esc key. 

Crabapple,
Oops! Just call me dazed and confused.  My iBook is 10.3.9, which can boot in Classic.  My newer iMac is 10.6.8.  Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Got the GOG version installed and ready to go.

I however think I will use ScummVM instead of the provided game engine as it looks much much better when blown up to full screen, and on top of that it also provides subtitles in the cutscenes.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Haven’t got the game yet, but I’ll try to join this one even though I’m just getting back to Keepsake as well… and the tempo of a one month time seems nice.

Lady Kestrel - 01 December 2013 12:59 PM

and our main character, Rif the fox

Why does he remind me of Fantastic Mr. Fox? Grin

p.s. Woodstock sure doesn’t waste any time to get in the New Year mood! Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

diego - 01 December 2013 08:08 PM

p.s. Woodstock sure doesn’t waste any time to get in the New Year mood! Tongue

If I didn’t do it now, I’d never get to it.  This month is already jam-packed with activities.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’ve been meaning to play this one for a while, so I might end up joining the playthrough. I’ve set up the game (in ScummVM), anyway.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The more the merrier!  Thumbs Up

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

GOG version installed on Win7-64bit. Intro ran fine. Will need to adjust for screen size, but I the that is possible.

Ten days per episode seems perfectly doable. What is your approximation as to the number of hours per episode. I can probably devote an hour or so a day to it. Any more than that is going to be a bit of a problem.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top