• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 28 November 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

I can’t think of anyone better to thank on Thanksgiving in regards to adventure games than Lucas Arts, considering all the goodness they brought to the gaming world in their heyday. It also helps that this scene is the first one that popped into my head when I thought of turkey. As pretty much everyone knows, this scene is from Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle (1993), one of my favorite cartoon adventure games.

While the characters in some of their other games are better written in my opinion, this game really shines with its creative puzzle design, requiring interaction not just between multiple characters, but throughout time as well. It’s an absolute classic.

Happy Thanksgiving to those that celebrate it! Everyone else just have a great day anyway!

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

There isn’t a day I don’t thank God for giving us this great adventure.
What a treat DotT is!

Have a nice Thanksgiving, you turkey-eaters from the other side of the pond!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Best adventure ever made.

Happy another weird holliday!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Great game. High time for a replay. Why wasn’t DoTT ever nominated for a community playthrough?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 28 November 2013 06:09 AM

Why wasn’t DoTT ever nominated for a community playthrough?

Because it’s pretty non-linear (and there’s no way to synchronize the gameplay of playthrough participants accordingly)?
I believe people would spoil the game for each other all the time if they decided to play it simultaneously.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

You’re right. Hadn’t thought of that. It would be so much fun to play it together.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

What kind of a stupid game would have fathers of US paired with a devil’s music worshipper? And what kind of a stupid title is “Day of the Tentacle? This game sucks. Not. Because it’s the best ever.

Karlok - 28 November 2013 06:09 AM

Great game. High time for a replay. Why wasn’t DoTT ever nominated for a community playthrough?

Yes!

zobraks - 28 November 2013 06:47 AM

Because it’s pretty non-linear (and there’s no way to synchronize the gameplay of playthrough participants accordingly)?
I believe people would spoil the game for each other all the time if they decided to play it simultaneously.

Partypooper!

Unofficial playthrough! Viva la revolucion!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

diego - 28 November 2013 07:11 AM

I have nothing against it, amigo. Moreover, I’ll be right there, lurking as usual, if it takes off.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Let’s do it!

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Definitely one of my favourite games of all time. Happy thanksgiving to everyone! (not that we celebrate that where I’m from). Enjoy your turkey! Damn… this thread made me hungry… atleast I’ll have turkey on christmas eve Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 28 November 2013 07:20 AM

Let’s do it!

Anyone else interested? Should we do it after Inherit the Earth? It would be a Christmas time!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 28 November 2013 12:49 PM
Karlok - 28 November 2013 07:20 AM

Let’s do it!

Anyone else interested? Should we do it after Inherit the Earth? It would be a Christmas time!

You still have a couple of days to propose it in the appropriate thread, before the voting ends. Wink

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

This game could have been a disaster. Tentacles? Makes no sense.

It was fantastic. Funny. Great puzzles.

“ahhh. A secret passage. This is all too easy.”

YouTube: Weird Gaming Adventure
IG: weird_gaming_adventure

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Is a “Happy Hannukah” in order as well today??? Tongue

Oh, and DotT is Made of Awesome™! Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top