• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Monday 25 November 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

The Lost Island of Alanna (1998) is a free promotional game made for the product Cherry Coke. Unfortunately, clues needed for the game were included with the physical product being advertised and not in the actual game so it can be annoying to play now since you have to resort to brute forcing certain puzzles like I did or hunting down a walkthrough to progress.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

The game was 18 MB (whopping for 2004*), and I remember it took me a lot of time to locate it and download it (those were the days of dial-up Internet).
I still got it and I still haven’t started it.

*the download was hefty, not the actual size of TLIoA

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Uh, what? Not sure where you’re from, but 18 MB was nothing in 2004.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

You never heard of dial-up, you lucky sod?

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

zobraks - 25 November 2013 01:13 AM

I still got it and I still haven’t started it.

You should play it.  It’s not a bad game overall, but as I recall the ending just sort of happens and you’re left sitting there saying “Wait… that’s it?!?”.  When I finished it I immediately played it over again to make sure I hadn’t missed some vital clue or piece of inventory, but nope, it just ends kind of abruptly.  The puzzles are reasonably challenging right up until the end, though.

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

zobraks - 25 November 2013 01:36 AM

You never heard of dial-up, you lucky sod?

I had dial-up, in 1995. Around 2004 most of the western world had ADSL and cable. New Zealand is one exception.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top