• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckychrissiefurgottenJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

PS4 or XB1??

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So who is starting nextgen scene next month, and what console?

I am going to wait till Feb, and first will probably go for XB1 ,
cant miss TitanFall, DR3, D4 and KI.

Secondson and order with ps4 in fall next year. But still not sure.

That would be 700$ + investment for xb1 Frown

Or go cheaper route with, sson + kzone + ps4 and 360+titanfall in March Tongue

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I have a PS4 preordered mainly for the promise of the future games from Naughty Dog, Quantic Dream, Sucker Punch, Media Molecule and Sony Santa Monica. Also, indie is where it’s at, and Sony has some very exciting exclusive indie games in the pipeline.
I am not interested in the new xbox unless they have a game that I can’t live without.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Same here.

PS4 preordered for launch day. Did have Watchdogs at the same time, but that’s been delayed so I need to decide on another game for it.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Not that it’s even coming out here until next year, but I’ve been thinking about the XBox. So far only game that interests me on either console, enough for me to buy it, is Destiny, though, so there’s plenty of time to wait (but it’s also coming out for current-gen consoles).

Frankly, that decision is just based on slightly more interesting games (both currently and looking back - in the past the only PS games I wish I could’ve played are Ico, Shadow of the Colossus and Journey, while I’d have missed out on many on the Xbox), finding the new “innovations” in XBox more interesting than that in PS4, and most importantly, the controller. I tried the PS3 controller once, felt like my hands would start cramping any moment Grin Maybe the PS4 controller is better, but I really interested in the new Xbox controller, Xbox always having by far the best controller i’ve tried.

But either way, the earliest I’ll get one is next summer when Destiny comes out, but quite possibly not then either.

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2005-12-19

PM

So far, none of the consoles interest me as much as the thing Valve is doing. So I’ll probably just get the streaming box and a couple of Steam controllers and be done with it.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I have a preorder for PS4. Will probably get the Killzone pack because I want the 2 controllers and might as well have some eye-candy game! Both lauch line-ups exclusives have no real interesting games to me. That said Sony Worldwide Studios will have a very strong line-up and I might as well start playing the better version of the cross-gen games that I want. (like AC4 Smile ) Indie stuff also looks very promising on the PS4 - (Rezogun!)

I have no interest in the Xbone, like I had none in the X360. I just hope that the most interest stuff (like the Deadly promonition team game) gets ported to the PC or PS4, like it happened on the X360.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I’m getting a PS4. I still haven’t pre-ordered one but it doesn’t seem like they’re out of stock here just yet, so I still have time to decide if I want to get it right away or not.

It’s mostly for the promise of games to come, as the only current game that tickles my fancy seems to be Assassin’s Creed IV, which will have that nice PS4-exclusive map movement stuff that is supposedly awesome to use.

But next year is looking great already with InFamous: Second Son and The Order: 1886 already announced and those are must-haves for me.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 23 October 2013 10:20 AM

I have a preorder for PS4. Will probably get the Killzone pack because I want the 2 controllers and might as well have some eye-candy game! Both lauch line-ups exclusives have no real interesting games to me. That said Sony Worldwide Studios will have a very strong line-up and I might as well start playing the better version of the cross-gen games that I want. (like AC4 Smile ) Indie stuff also looks very promising on the PS4 - (Rezogun!)

I have no interest in the Xbone, like I had none in the X360. I just hope that the most interest stuff (like the Deadly promonition team game) gets ported to the PC or PS4, like it happened on the X360.

Did you check recent preview videos of killzone and knack, both look superb , must play.
I wasnt hyped for them before recent media blowout. I hope Kzone campaign is not short
like vita one.

Resogun….them voxel graphics Thumbs Up

And D4 is unfortunately MS Studios funded. Frown

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am very late to the Sony party and just bought a PS3. I will play through my pile of PS3 games and see if there are any games are out there for the PS4 that are must play games.

I have a feeling that the PS4 is going to be HUGE.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2013-11-11

PM

PS4 as sure :0

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Where are groundbreaking new titles i dont see any?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Sony games got crap reviews, out of which only Resogun managed to get decent
feedback. But not a single killer app, wasnt expected anyway.
Gotta hold my purchase till SecondSon.

Now anyone (wiico??) who got their ps4, share some impressions of Knack.
None of pals got knack so need impressions on that, however i did manage to
play some Resogun and Kzone, of which former is some serious dope shit, still
not worthy of 400$ purchase.

8 Hrs from now Sony is gonna Reveal some hot new games for PS4.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Still getting mine on launch day (2 weeks from now in Europe)  but I have to say that although I was not expecting much I’m still disappointed with the reviews of Knack, I was hoping for a fun platformer/brawler… Killzone I was not expecting to be great, on par with the previous ones in the series.
Resogun videos look amazing, looks like that will get a lot of my playtime initially (like Super Stardust on the PS3 Smile )

Please Last Guardian be announced soon!      I have no hope…

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

Wii U Tongue

Thought about getting a PS4, but went for a Wii U, since there’s not a single PS4 game I’m exited about at launch or in the coming months, so it wouldn’t make sense for me to buy one. It’s going to be the generation where I’ll be waiting 6-12 months (doubt that I’ll be getting a XBO, though).

Maybe when Metal Gear Solid 5 is released I’ll bite.

Total Posts: 216

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

The only next gen thing that I’m really interested in, is Oculus Rift. So I’ll do the same as I did with PS3. Wait well into console cycle and then buy a cheap one over ebay to play a few bargain bin titles worth playing (mainly from Quantic Dream, some good indies and I hope there will be something new from ICO team as well)

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Gabe - 14 November 2013 01:51 PM

Where are groundbreaking new titles i dont see any?

You can’t expect groundbreaking titles at launch, it almost never happens. Only one I can remember (on these recent console gens, though I’m not familiar with Nintendo) was the first Halo… In the beginning, it tends to be just the big blockbusters with graphical upgrades, the “real juice” comes later.

Right now, potentially groundbreaking stuff of those that have been announced could be, off the top of my head, Destiny and Quantum Break. Destiny coming out spring-summer, QB - I have no idea (I’m not sure there has been any release info).

That’s also partially why it’s probably better to wait a while before buying a new gen console.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top