• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiediego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 13 November 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

I’m currently in the process of playing The Inner World (2013). I like the artistic style and the voice acting is decent but something just seems to be missing. I don’t feel very drawn into it and almost feel like I have to force myself to finish. I’m not sure it’s the game though. I might just be burnt out on gaming at the moment and need a break. That happens to me now and then. What do you think of it?

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Bastich - 12 November 2013 09:22 PM

I’m currently in the process of playing The Inner World (2013). I like the artistic style and the voice acting is decent but something just seems to be missing. I don’t feel very drawn into it and almost feel like I have to force myself to finish. I’m not sure it’s the game though. I might just be burnt out on gaming at the moment and need a break. That happens to me now and then. What do you think of it?

I agree and I agree Smile

It also took me quite a while to get drawn into the the game, but it did eventually happen, though if it haven’t happened to you at the point of this screenshot, it probably won’t happen at all.

Like you I am also beginning to fell some fatigue after playing a lot of AG in a short time, and I think I will give it a rest for a while, at least until BS 5 is released. This is also something that happens for me on a regular basis where I need a rest from gaming in general or simply a rest from a particular genre like AG. My longest pause from AG being about 5 years, though I don’t anticipate anything as long as that this time.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I have strange feelings about this one. It was my most expected game from 2013. When I started it, though I couldn’t find any flaws on it (quite the opposite), I wasn’t feeling drawn from it. Luckily, I continued playing and I enjoyed a great game (btw, I had exactly the same “not drawn at first for no actual reasons/continued anyway and enjoyed the game” feelings from Edna & Harvey: the breakout).

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

It’s a competent little adventure game with clear logic to the puzzles but it feels tiresome. At least it does to me. Maybe it needed a stronger hook to the game’s world or characters with entertaining personalities. However, I don’t think Inner World is really something I’d consider canon or relevant to the genre, which is a shame because it’s an attactive looking game. It’s just not a very interesting one.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

the game weakest point is that the locations have the empty feeling maybe dead , no variation there, makes you feel you either know what to do, or just shut up.. if you know what I mean.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

First time I played it the long conversations bored me. That predictable lady behind the bar, the woman with the baby, the prisoner, the unfunny kid. I couldn’t get into it somehow, so I stopped playing. A few weeks later I tried again and the moment I visited the theatre with the Conroy propaganda everything changed for me. I was already sold when I got to the woods. Great game!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

It’s not perfect but easily my favourite 3rd person adventure game of the year. It has what the other big-budget graphically superior games of 2013 lack - a rich personality, great characters, tightly woven plot and no ‘filler’ puzzles or plot. I played it simultaneously with Deponia 3 and it was a breath of fresh air every time I quit Deponia out of irritation or boredom and booted up The Inner World.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top