• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

luckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Wednesday 27 June 2012

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

The next one in my series of remarkable games is Stupid Invaders. I’m sure everyone who has played the game will recognize this screenshot instantly. It’s one of those scenes that stick in your mind forever. But those of you who haven’t played the game may be wondering: What are those strange thingies and what are they doing? So here’s a second screenshot that will leave no room for doubt…

Yes, it’s a poo factory. Gasp Need I say more? Remarkable!

I enjoyed Stupid Invaders very much. Such lovely, colorful cartoony graphics! Fun puzzles, great voiceacting, wonderfully cinematic cut scenes. And lots of toilets… don’t know how many, at least a dozen. I couldn’t help sniggering at some of the juvenile toilet jokes. Sue me. Smile I’m sure others will have lots of negatives to say about Stupid Invaders. I’ll confine myself to just one: Buggy as hell!

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Fien - 27 June 2012 10:54 AM

It’s one of those scenes that stick in your mind forever.

I haven’t played SI, and I already know a MEMORABLE shot from it:

You’ll NEVER forget this one, that’s for sure. At least I won’t.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

That’s the one part I found utterly distasteful. The pedophile bunny scene with what’s-her-name really went too far. You haven’t played the game, Mr. Zobraks, so you don’t know what I’m talking about. Trust me on this.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Fien - 27 June 2012 11:22 AM

The pedophile bunny scene

LOL!
I think I found meself a favo(u)rite game.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Very easy puzzles and a lot of toilet humour is my vague recollection of this game.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I remember regularly seeing the cartoon the game was based on on TV when flipping through the channels in the afternoon during my high school years. When the game was released, I couldn’t remember if it was “That weird French cartoon that I found funny”, but I spent some time today looking through episodes on Youtube and it turns out that Stupid Invaders was actually “That weird French cartoon that I didn’t find funny”.(*) So no regret about never having played the game.

(*) The one I was thinking of was actually something called Oggy and the Cockroaches.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

There is no toilet or adult humour in the cartoon series, mostly slapstick. I’m just glad they didn’t make a game out of Oggy and Cockroaches.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top