• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Which Sierra game would have rocked the most with a CD-Talkie version?

Poll: Which Sierra game would have rocked the most with a CD-Talkie version?
Total Votes: 28
Quest For Glory 3
Conquest of Longbow
Space Quest 5
Leisure Suit Larry 5
Police Quest 3
Eco Quest 2

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2005-02-20

PM

I thought Conquest of the Longbow deserved one the most due to its rich immersion story and well-developed characters.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ahh you only talk about Sierra point and click, hmm… I d say Police Quest3

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Man, it’s tough. I went with Longbow - it could really use it, but SQ5 with voices would be awesome too.

Bt

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Oh SQV no doubt about it.. simply because SQIV is my favorite Sierra voice work and it would make the IV-V-VI trilogy of Gary Owens complete. With voices it might even top IV as my favorite in the series. Then again it might ruin it, who knows?

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

SQ5 is the one that has always been screaming (through silent textboxes only, hah) for it.  Since the previous game in the series had it, SQ5’s lack of voices always seemed like a glaring oversight on Sierra’s part.  I have to wonder why they never opted to record them.  Surely they had the budget for it.  SQ5 easily had the most memorable characters of the series, in my opinion—it’d have been awesome to have had them voiced.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I would have voted for KQ4 if it were up there. The epic opening movie and the family drama storyline could have been nicely complemented by some good voice acting. (Not to mention the William Goldstein soundtrack…)

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Heart of China, heh.

Although Police Quest 3 would have been pretty neat with the hires 640x480 with full speaking audio treatment. Such a classy game - I imagine they would have cast Don Johnson as Sonny Bonds and Full House’s Lori Loughlin as Marie.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Colonel’s Bequest.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I love the Space Quest series and it was a disappointment to see SQ5 not having voices after SQ4(CD) released. Because SQ5 is the strongest game in the series.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Definitely Conquests of the Longbow. With a native British cast, of course. Dialogues in that game are brilliant, very stylised.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

How is Conquest of the Longbow ahead? Come on! Space Quest of course! Tongue

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Though I would love to get voices on COTL, the dialogue with some “old english” will require a very professional voice case to pull off.

Otherwise it’ll make things worse..

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top