• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDalefurgottenIronCretinJdawg445kanaifurtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Deadly Premonition: the Directors Cut

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

CoyoteAG - 06 May 2013 10:29 AM

So I just discovered this game and I am really enjoying it. I love all the quirky characters and the mystery. Right now I’m around Chapter 9 and I’m taking a pause from the main story to try to do as many side missions as I can. The game isn’t perfect but it is a whole lot of fun!

Oh yes , there is lot more to go, in later chapters you will fall in love with the game
if you are already digging it, the ending is amazing.
And its one of those few games where technical limitations add to the overall quirky
experience.

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

nomadsoul - 06 May 2013 01:46 PM
CoyoteAG - 06 May 2013 10:29 AM

So I just discovered this game and I am really enjoying it. I love all the quirky characters and the mystery. Right now I’m around Chapter 9 and I’m taking a pause from the main story to try to do as many side missions as I can. The game isn’t perfect but it is a whole lot of fun!

Oh yes , there is lot more to go, in later chapters you will fall in love with the game
if you are already digging it, the ending is amazing.
And its one of those few games where technical limitations add to the overall quirky
experience.

I am a little annoyed that I didn’t realize that these side missions existed earlier. I actually killed almost a whole day poking around and spying on people waiting for the town hall meeting not realizing that I could have spent that time doing some of these side missions. I saw that the sheriff had a number over his name and I went to talk to him and ended up talking to Thomas first and accepting lunch with them which moved the whole timeline up to a couple of hours before the meeting and the sheriff was no longer at his office!

The side missions really add a lot to the game. Now you have me excited to continue playing and I’m not going to be able to until Sunday!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Side missions will help you to connect with characters even more , also it
will add to the total personality of the town and the endgame. The town and its life is in realtime, so yes you can miss things and sometimes have to wait for proper time for events
to happen. Things will get shady, mysterious, comical , sbsurd, stupid and totally intense
and emotional, its this range of feelings in Twinpeaks style storytelling that makes this
click.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 06 May 2013 04:30 PM

Side missions will help you to connect with characters even more , also it
will add to the total personality of the town and the endgame. The town and its life is in realtime, so yes you can miss things and sometimes have to wait for proper time for events
to happen. Things will get shady, mysterious, comical , sbsurd, stupid and totally intense
and emotional, its this range of feelings in Twinpeaks style storytelling that makes this
click.

That sounds awesome, can’t wait to try it, hope my copy arrives by the weekend.
On average, how long is it in a single playthrough?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Depends, 12 plus hours easily, there are 20 to 30 minutes cutscenes in one chapter alone,
total 15+ chapters, roaming in car, exploring and other fillers, so you can do the math.

Since you like games like VLR, well-written mystery thrillers, you cannot go wrong with this game not atleast in story department.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Great length, I was fearing it was a really small game but it sounds like a meaty experience. And those long weird cutscenes that I keep seeing in the trailers - it does look like something I’ll enjoy. Soon…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://kotaku.com/deadly-premonition-on-steam-could-happen-with-a-little-823371262
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=160687506

Great news, more content and what not.

This is best time to experience the story of lifetime,vote for it and embrace it
PC owners.

So says Mr.Stewart.

Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I dont know what to make of this game right now.
i like the story and exploration parts of the game.
But the combat! the combat destroys me… it’s so bad with probably the worst QTEs I’ve seen… I just stop playing for some time at those parts.
But I keep coming back to see where Zach says, and what the coffee shows me today Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 18 July 2013 06:06 PM

But the combat! the combat destroys me… it’s so bad with probably the worst QTEs I’ve seen… I just stop playing for some time at those parts.
But I keep coming back to see where Zach says, and what the coffee shows me today Smile

Combat is indeed weakest link, heck its too bad its good department Smile
Swery was planning a good adventuregame but due to market needs added
gun combat later, but i would insist to push through the combat and finish
the game as the characters and story are unforgettable. You have to see it through,
now that you have started. Story and York were the reason people remember this game, and the only motivation to keep playing it.

Edit:

Game has been Greenlit, as expected Zach Wink

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Game was originally released for $19.99 on the Xbox and one of the very few survival horror games released on the system at all.

The PS3 is a way better home for this wonderful game and is on my list of PS3 games to buy.

Heart Eyes

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2003-09-27

PM

Its a great but sadly very under rated games out there….......

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 18 July 2013 08:11 PM

Combat is indeed weakest link, heck its too bad its good department Smile
Swery was planning a good adventuregame but due to market needs added
gun combat later, but i would insist to push through the combat and finish
the game as the characters and story are unforgettable. You have to see it through,
now that you have started. Story and York were the reason people remember this game, and the only motivation to keep playing it.

I pressed on and finished the game! I’m glad I did it, it’s definitely a great experience. The combat ends up getting easy enough (specially with the infinite ammo shotgun) and it’s possible to just run through it to enjoy the memorable/crazy story and characters that in the end somehow make a lot of senseand it’s truly depressing, poor Emily….
Makes me think that it’s possible and would be interesting for someone to make an open-world adventure.

I think I’ll go finish some side quests, I still don’t know what’s in the pot Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Characters have background story, i loved digging them deep , they have their patterns
and following them to get to know them specially Diane and George.
Lots of cross connections.

My fav part was conversation between Mr.stewart and York in Chapter 18.
Everything changes its form Smile
And how York’s life come full circle in the end.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

This gem comes out today on Steam. More people should try this highly original game.

Also Gog.com

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Finally got a PS3 for $129 dollars and picked this gem up. Great game - it’s been awhile since I got a good strange survival horror game (Rule of Rose, 2006).

I haven’t finished it yet - but after “Beyond Two Souls” I’m going to play it till I finish it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top