• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordzzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 22 October 2013 (NSFW) 

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

WARNING! Graphic imagery follows! Sick Bastich, Inc., shall not be responsible for any damages due to the violent expulsion of stomach contents from viewing the scene below. Proceed with caution!

Today we have some nasty side effects, death probably being the worst, from a drug overdose in Rise of the Dragon (1990), a Cyberpunk game drawn in a comic book style that I really enjoyed back in the day.

While there are no drugs in real life that will melt you away like that at the speed it occurs in the game, Krokodil can make a decent attempt at it in its own way. I warn you NOT to click the previous link about Krokodil if you don’t want to see something very disgusting and quite real. I’m dead serious on this one. It’s extremely graphic and horrible. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

at PKD’s Scanner darkly there is drug that eats the brain just as fast Neutral ,substance-d it’s name if I remember correctly

one of Sierra’s failures! but (speaking of PKD) it proves that Blade runner is the greatest Sci-Fi ever .. on the game’s devs I really never liked Dynamix, never understood why Sierra made up that branch , was it for the non-Adventure games and so to keep their trend clean (not sure),
also I need to mention as a positive thing for Dynamix ;they did a good job on Space Quest V.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Rise of the Dragon was ahead of its time. Graphic interface, real time, multiple solutions and paths, skippable action sequences… Even if Dynamix ripped off Blade Runner a bit, they still made one of the better cyberpunk games for DOS. Great attempt at dark dystopian future, although that’s probably the only disturbing scene in the whole game.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

I loved Rise of the Dragon!  I loved Heart of China too.  I thought Dynamix was doing some interesting and amazing things in the Early 90’s.  (Sierra didn’t make them up, they actually bought them out and brought them into the “Sierra Family”)

Bt

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Blackthorne - 22 October 2013 10:20 AM

(Sierra didn’t make them up, they actually bought them out and brought them into the “Sierra Family”)

Bt

Thanks for this Clearing up ,but you didn’t like thexder or did you? Sarcastic

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

I enjoyed Thexder and Silpheed, yeah! Those were “GameArts” imports from Japan.

Bt

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top