• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz: Casual Friday

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Due to Mystery Manor tourney going on, this will be a quick and short one. You could tell adventure from non-adventure alright, but how well do you know your casuals? These are 16 paired screenshots, one is the casual adventure, and the other a regular one. Which is which? Guesses by PM only (1a-regular 1b-casual; 2a-casual 2b-regular and so on). edit: You have until Tuesday 15th, 10:00 PM CET

1a

1b

2a

2b

3a

3b

4a

4b

5a

5b

6a

6b

7a

7b

8a

8b

9a

9b

10a

10b

11a

11b

12a

12b

13a

13b

14a

14b

15a

15b

16a

16b

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

hey I can tell the regular from the premium just by the look of it ,lol

Great Quiz Diego, no one seen it coming

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Nice puzzle, Diego!  I’m surprised at how many of the casual games I recognize.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

This has to be the worst case of bad timing since Napoleon decided to invade Russia in the middle of winter.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie - 10 October 2013 10:22 PM

Casuals are premium? And where’re your guesses?

zobraks - 11 October 2013 02:03 AM

This has to be the worst case of bad timing since Napoleon decided to invade Russia in the middle of winter.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

diego - 11 October 2013 05:09 AM
Advie - 10 October 2013 10:22 PM

Casuals are premium? And where’re your guesses?

nah, I was talkin about ma kinda of beer, just got mixed up here , Sarcastic Grin

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

When’s the deadline?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Tuesday 15th, 10:00 PM CET

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Alrighty - let’s see the scores:

1. TimovieMan - 16
2. Lady Kestrel - 15
3. Fien - 12
3. Advie - 12
4. kate me - 11
5. Intense Degree - 10

So, our moderator is not only an expert in non-adventures, but he also plays casuals!

...wait, I play casuals, too! I’ve included Royal Trouble in 1b, a game that I’ve finished and can recommend to anyone looking for a light-medieval fun, although it didn’t prove to fool anyone when it comes to guessing. Another one I’ve played is Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles in 6a, which wasn’t that bad at all, although there was too much hidden objects for my taste, if I remember correctly.

Everybody else did great, too, and all of the players also correctly named many of those adventures/casuals - choosing on random here: Fien guessed Blackstone Chronicles in 2a, Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove in 3a and Nibiru in 15a, TimovieMan placed right 3 Cards to Midnight in 2b and Amerzone in 10a, kate me cracked Destination: Treasure Island in 1a, Shannara in 8b, The Abbey in 16a and Journey to the Center of the Earth in 4a…

The pair which gave you the most trouble was under 16a/b Grin - but I’ve gotta come clean here - what I did was a dirty, the lowest of all the lowdown tricks... I took a shot from this review with the screenshot showing bug in the game Tongue Inventory isn’t supposed to “fly around” in The Abbey as far as I know, but I’ve thought to myself - this will make them think it’s casual! Naughty

And one another thing - led by the AG review, I’ve considered Haunting at Cliffhouse in 10b a casual (although previous two games in the Cindy Pondillo’s series were adventure games), but since it’s really a touchy area, I’ve decided to give everyone a point for this one.

And now - the prizes!

TimovieMan in 1st place gets:

How to dress in the army!

Lady Kestrel in 2nd place gets:

A casual friend for a Halloween!

Fien in 3rd place gets:

An invitation to a casual party!

Advie in 3rd place gets:

A casual pair of socks!

kate me in 4th place gets:

A casual elephant!

and Intense Degree, in 5th place gets:

A casual work!

1. Destination: Treasure Island/Royal Trouble
2. Blackstone Chronicles/3 Cards to Midnight
3. Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove/A Vampyre Story
4. Journey To The Center Of The Earth/Red Crow Mysteries: Legion
5. The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 2 - Reconstruction/Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device
6. Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles/Nancy Drew: The White Wolf of Icicle Creek
7. Red Crow Mysteries: Legion/Memoria
8. Azada: In Libro/Shannara
9. Mortadelo y Filemon: El Escarabajo de Cleopatra/The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 - Separation
10. Congo: Descent into Zinj/Haunting at Cliffhouse
11. The Cross Formula/Runaway 1
12. Physicus/Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air
13. The Black Mirror 1/Depths of Betrayal
14. Dark Seed 1/Twilight Phenomena: The Lodgers of House 13
15. Nibiru/Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn
16. The Abbey/Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost

Thank you for playing! Grin

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Did ..ye say Fien! Cry how niiice! 

Fien i miss you so much, come on, make another account join the forums please.

Thanks Diego , you know That socks lol, can I have that invitation with Fien ??

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 15 October 2013 04:00 PM

So, our moderator is not only an expert in non-adventures, but he also plays casuals!

I don’t actually, but I recognize the style most of the time (and made lucky guesses the rest of the time).

TimovieMan placed right 3 Cards to Midnight in 2b and Amerzone in 10a

Except that 10a was Congo: Descent into Zinj and not Amerzone… Innocent

And now - the prizes!

Love the prizes! Thumbs Up

4. Journey To The Center Of The Earth

See, I KNEW I had played this but couldn’t place it…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 15 October 2013 05:04 PM

Except that 10a was Congo: Descent into Zinj and not Amerzone… Innocent

Oops… The thing is, I’ve had this Haunting at Cliffhouse shot, and was looking for a pair. I’m certain I’ve considered Amerzone for this one (and maybe for some others, too), but then remembered Congo as an even better match with its greenish flora.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

It was a nice quiz diego, sorry I didn’t have time to take part this time!

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The prizes are a riot, Diego!  Thanks for the fun.  Thumbs Up

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I only got eight. All of them casuals with the exception of AVS which most of us just played, so that was a no brainer. Glad I didn’t post. Result would have been embarrassing.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

Great job, guys! Smile

I am baaaaaaaack!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top