• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Monday 25 June 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Only 6 months until Christmas! Quick, quick, quick! It’s time to start shopping and to put up the Christmas lights!

And if you haven’t looked for the Easter eggs in Riven, you owe yourself to give it a try. There’s a 5-part riddle to solve to turn on the Easter eggs(*), and then you have to find the eggs proper. It’s fun!

(*) Finding the riddle was originally a very complicated puzzle itself, but the pages for that are gone.

(Here are the full spoilers if you are too lazy to look for the answers yourself. Shame on you.)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Wow!... Ghen Was busy decorating the room with the Christmas Lightnings. Grin

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Who knew that they celebrated Christmas.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I replayed the game specifically to find all the Easter eggs because the order is a bit different than I would normally play it.  My favorite part was watching Ghen sing opera.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I wonder why there were no easter eggs in the other games of the series as well. The Riven ones were amazingly fun (the one Lady Kestrel mentioned was the icing on the cake)!

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I don’t know about Revelation and the fifth one which I didn’t finish, but Myst Exile had easter eggs as well. They were not much fun though. I remember lots of cats. Apparently, the Presto Studio developers didn’t have any children to show off. And a portrait of Achenar and Sirrus that changed when you held the ~ key.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top