• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiediego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 1 October 2013 (NSFW)

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

WARNING! Graphic imagery follows! Sick Bastich, Inc., shall not be responsible for any damages due to the violent expulsion of stomach contents from viewing the scene below. Proceed with caution!

The countdown is over and today is the first of my special series of adventure game scenes leading up to Halloween. So don your skin mask, pop open a bottle of Chianti to wash down your liver and fava beans and twiddle away on that Hellraiser puzzle box as I guide you through 31 gruesome days of evisceration, decapitation, dismemberment and much much more from some of the sickest scenes in the adventure genre. Not all of these scenes will be from horror games, but I guarantee they will all show a certain disrespect for the sanctity of the flesh.

So, without any further ado, I proudly present:

Someone start up the grill because I’ve arrived with the meat. I’ve been told that Burger de Adrienne is quite the delicacy…

Honestly, I can’t think of any better place to start Goregasm month than with this scene from Phantasmagoria (1995) which depicts what happens when Mr. Pendulum meets Mrs. Head. It is oddly reminiscent of a Gallagher show. In fact, it is positively gore-tastic. I give it two severed thumbs. Way up!

While I chose this shot for pure shock, I’m not so sure it’s my favorite scene. The force feeding is much more visceral. Hehe… Then there’s the garden trowel that was more than a mouthful and the wife who was quite the head turner. What’s your favorite scene?

Anyway, you can criticize the gameplay all you want (and I would most likely agree with you), but I would rather play this game than anything else Roberta Williams ever made.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

This should be fun.

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Great choice, one of my favorites and one of my first games I played. Many scenes come to mind but the one that fried me is the one you picked Bastich. The whole video of this follows

Warning Spoiler…and what Bastich says…

WARNING! Graphic imagery follows!  Proceed with caution!

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=phantasmagoria+-+adrienne+commits+suicide+video

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I’m outta here!!!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Yay, bring on the gore!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Ooohh Adrienne I always thought that your orange shirt was a bad choice !

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Bastich - 30 September 2013 11:49 PM

While I chose this shot for pure shock, I’m not so sure it’s my favorite scene. The force feeding is much more visceral. Hehe… Then there’s the garden trowel that was more than a mouthful and the wife who was quite the head turner. What’s your favorite scene?

Actually, it’s the other flashback murder that I like best in Phantasmagoria: the “smash eye in wine bottle” one. And not just because of the similar “magic trick” with the pencil by the Joker in The Dark Knight. It’s the one that got my teenage self to go “ooh, nicely done FX!” back in ‘95.
A game-breaking bug in chapter 6 prevented me from finishing this game back in the day (and I had to circumvent that same bug again a few years ago), so I didn’t know about all the gore in the final chapter back then.
Great pick for the first screen - it’s definitely the goriest death in the game (and I should know, my inner perv checked them all). Tongue

Anyway, you can criticize the gameplay all you want (and I would most likely agree with you), but I would rather play this game than anything else Roberta Williams ever made.

How about King’s Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow? Tongue
But I agree, Phantasmagoria is my favourite Roberta Williams game too. Well, together with KQ6 in my case.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 01 October 2013 12:14 PM

Great pick for the first screen - it’s definitely the goriest death in the game (and I should know, my inner perv checked them all). Tongue

It doesn’t come close to Regina.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Bastich - 30 September 2013 11:49 PM

I can’t think of any better place to start Goregasm month than with [...]

Month? Gasp NIIICE!! Looking forward to this Naughty

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 01 October 2013 12:20 PM

It doesn’t come close to Regina.

We have a different opinion on the definition of gore, I reckon. Regina’s death isn’t at all gore imo. More disturbing, definitely, but nowhere near as gore…

TerminusEst - 01 October 2013 12:45 PM

Month? Gasp NIIICE!! Looking forward to this Naughty

Leave it to Bastich to give us both awesome and disturbing at once! Grin

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I haven’t played Phantasmagoria yet! but my theory was half right about your countdown Bastich! I did imagine that you were probably aiming towards October 1st with a months fest of horror games to follow…..but was so surprised/shocked! Anyway I love the way that you describe the games & will still be looking to see how the scenes fit in!

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

TimovieMan - 01 October 2013 12:14 PM

Actually, it’s the other flashback murder that I like best in Phantasmagoria: the “smash eye in wine bottle” one.

Ah yes. That was a good one as well.

How about King’s Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow? Tongue
But I agree, Phantasmagoria is my favourite Roberta Williams game too. Well, together with KQ6 in my case.

There’s nothing wrong with KQ6, I just like Phantasmagoria better.

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

chrissie - 01 October 2013 08:41 PM

I haven’t played Phantasmagoria yet! but my theory was half right about your countdown Bastich! I did imagine that you were probably aiming towards October 1st with a months fest of horror games to follow…..but was so surprised/shocked! Anyway I love the way that you describe the games & will still be looking to see how the scenes fit in!

Yeah, I planned to do a Halloween special from the get-go, but I didn’t know exactly where I was going to go with it until the final 24 hours. I’ve been so busy lately that I didn’t have much time to plan. In fact, I haven’t played a video game in several weeks now, which makes me a very sad panda…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top