• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Monday 30 September 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

The City of Lost Children (1997) is a game based on the movie of the same name which I honestly remember very little of. I don’t recall being very impressed with it, though perhaps it might have interested me a little more had I ever seen the movie. I seem to recall it being very short. It’s all a haze to me now.

Anyway, it’s the last day of my countdown, so I should probably start thinking about what it is exactly that I’m counting down to…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Bastich - 30 September 2013 12:13 AM

had I ever seen the movie.

It’s a good movie, I recommend it.

Anyway, it’s the last day of my countdown, so I should probably start thinking about what it is exactly that I’m counting down to…

LOL! Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

It’s an awesome movie, one of my favourites. Haven’t had the chance to play the game though. I was interested in it back then but never got my hands on it and eventually forgot about the whole thing. Might check it at one point, even if it isn’t such a work of art.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Seems like I’m the only one that have both seen the movie and played the game.

The movie is great and definitely worth checking out if you haven’t seen it before, the game on the other hand is a bit of a mishmash and not really very good. It is however not without some charm and I do remember getting some of the same vibe from the game as from the movie.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

With all of the really good games released during those years, I never saw any advertising for this game and never saw it on the shelves.  Maybe I missed it.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Bastich - 30 September 2013 12:13 AM

The City of Lost Children (1997) is a game based on the movie of the same name which I honestly remember very little of. I don’t recall being very impressed with it, though perhaps it might have interested me a little more had I ever seen the movie. I seem to recall it being very short. It’s all a haze to me now.

I don’t remember ever seeing the movie, but I have a version for PS the only thing I had to play on when I first discovered the joy of AGs! I remember really liking the brightly colored & unusual location (well it was for me!) & enjoying playing it although not too impressed with the story. Also, yes! it was very short & felt more like an episode! 

I’ve got a theory about that but I’ll keep it to myself & look forward to seeing what you come up with tomorrow!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top