• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG OST

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

THREAD OVERVIEW
————————————

Away from placing that sound thread I wanted to make this every-day-post-thread on Kuru’s steps to share just AGs Soundtracks that we might have/had never enjoyed while being drawn into game’ playing.

Edna and Harvey: The Breakout - Spiritual Waltz

Fairly anyone can see that E&H holds one of the most of the original soundtracks Ever!, I have chosen this enchanting one ‘when I could have chosen differently’ outta of being enchanted by it.

I have no idea who composed E&H, and if he/she was behind other projects for Daedalic as well ,but anyways it seems Daedalic new games OSTs are never good match (but TWW) to E&H Soundtrack.  beside the fact they seem to be failing on giving much care for their AGs soundtracks (by using digital sampling, instead of live recording) with every new one from Edna&Harvey; to the great The Whispered World until the most terrible (Soundtrack) one for Memoria, looks like they are trying hard to reduce the game’s budget by excluding as much as they can of the Soundtracks production/expense .

I actually see that Bee-man every time I listen to this great track!  Wink Sarcastic

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Choosing a track from Imaginarium: Songs from The Neverhood of Terry Scott Taylor is as leaving all the good tracks aside.
every single track of the game has its own uniqueness .

I went with this one which has the most solid feel and sound .. a traditional folk theme (based on C harmonic minor scale) and it was my choice for today ...

looking forward to Armikrog and what Terry Scott would offer.

The Neverhood - Triangle Square

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

When does an AG Soundtrack is up to the Hollywood movie’s? ..
when its from The Last Express

Enjoy
The Last Express - Ending Theme

A nice mention that modern Classical composer Elia Cmiral gave this in-Game soundtrack when AGs were big, and from there he flew straight to big Hollywood pictures (after working 10 years on ‘TV-Movies’ and ‘Series’) such Ronin (1998) ,Battlefield Earth (2000) Wrong Turn (2003) .

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Peter Gabriel’s
Myst IV: Revelation - Curtains

Someone I know prefer the original track that originally released as a B-side for Gabriel’s single ‘Don’t Give Up’ with Kate Bush , however I see that this (re-recorded song) as soundtrack served Myst just better/fine!.

Oh, draw the blinds
We can shut out the night
Oh, pull up the blankets
Pull the blankets up tight

And there are angels on our curtains
They keep the outside out
And there are lions on our curtains
They lick their wounds
They lick their doubt

We watch them float away
Along with our memories of the day

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Reminding me once again to get around to playing The Last Express and the Myst games, and I still haven’t! Shifty Eyed

Anyways, interesting pieces - thanks for the links Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Wink

Full Throttle-  Chitlins, Whiskey and Skirt a song that sounds so raw to the ears and very cheerful to the heart.

by The Gone Jackals, who made Their album, Bone to Pick (1995) with collaboration of Peter McConnell of LucasArts, to produce the soundtracks of Full Throttle.

The band’s music generally consisted of hard, garage and blues rock…before they were really gone!.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I ve been busy last few days, ..but here I go again.

Sanitarium - Sarah

Ooh Sarah

Music(Sanitarium) by James C. McMenamy also of Chronomaster by the same Devs - DreamForge

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Space Quest III: The Pirates of Pestulon - Intro

I always wondered what is so special about SQ3 soundtrack until I (just) figured it was Composed (arranged) by Supertramp drummer Bob Siebenberg.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

When Robert Holmes was asked if featured songs with the band (Scarlet Furies) Were written specifically for the game he answered that he had recorded most of them many months before, but they just seemed to fold into the story very well. But did write specific lyrics for the main theme to tie to the story.

Anyway as much as I loved Never Going Back but also David’s Theme got me good.

Gray Matter - David’s Theme (feat.The Scarlet Furies)
Gray Matter - David’s Theme (Piano)

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

It needs to be in a game. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

hehe .. maybe they just had enough Sarcastic ..
hey what a cool drummer !!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The game was innovative in that time ;there was a series of rock music videos
by the fictional band Trip Cyclone, which provided the player with hints to solving the game’s multitude of puzzles Jason Lindsey, lead guitarist and vocalist.

Shivers II Harvest of Souls - Was I even There

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Advie - 07 October 2013 08:32 PM

When Robert Holmes was asked if featured songs with the band (Scarlet Furies) Where written specifically for the game he answered that he had recorded most of them many months before, but they just seemed to fold into the story very well.and did write
specific lyrics for the main theme to tie to the story.

anyway as much as I loved Never Going Back but also David’s Theme got me good.

Gray Matter - David’s Theme (feat.The Scarlet Furies)
Gray Matter - David’s Theme (Piano)

Gray Matter has such a fantastic soundtrack. Also, I’ve been listening to so much Scarlet Furies, recently. And bought Bury Me in Symmetry. I especially love all their Gray Matter songs (To Forgive & To Forget (David’s theme), Never Going Back (Sam’s theme), and Safe in Arms). Also, there’s this song - From Her to Him - that I don’t know where it’s from. Would also make a great soundtrack song Wink

Also, they do a mind-blowing version of I Put a Spell on You.

Raleigh is such an amazing singer. She’s just as good live as she is in the studio versions. (Plus, she’s a talented actress, incredibly beautiful and has Robert Holmes and Jane Jensen as her parents, so she’s got it pretty good Grin).

Anyways, keep the soundtracks coming! Tongue

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The Legend Of Kyrandia Book I - Talking Tree

Frank Klepacki Westwood’s favorite composer form legend of Kyrandia book, I , II, III and Blade Runner(will get to that,later), with many others Role-Playing games from The same Dev.

The Legend Of Kyrandia I OST and despite of its old time release it still got the magic and the quality. The music was as good as the story telling of the game ;it follows it perfectly. and still one of the most interesting AG soundtracks that I had heard .

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Ah Kyrandia, a great game with a superb soundtrack. Nice pick, Advie Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

thanks Kasper Smile
—————————-

Prodigy ‘The Fat of The Land’ industrial/synthpunk album did really cover a certain time of my life just as any good Soundtrack does with a movie , that was why I am infatuated by Still Life II - Main-Menu Theme.

The game OST is not like its prior’s which was made by the famous Musician Tom Salta, but instead by Babelia Audio agency specialized in the audio design and music composition of video games and web content. But never-the-less the game Soundtrack (in general) was good! even better than the game itself (a big disappointment). and kept me going on with it until it ended.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top