• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Caption Contest!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 23 September 2013 04:16 PM

The song “Stand by Me” brings back fond (and not so fond) memories of school dances.

Hehe.. I’ve never been much of a dancer myself, but at least “Stand by Me” has an easy rhythm, I could easily improvise with it Grin

I’ve never seen the movie and didn’t realize that a very young Wil Wheaton was in it.  Thanks for hosting this one.  The captions were fantastic!

I’m sure I’ve caught a glimpse of it on TV 2-3 times, but should definitely check it out from beginning to end.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 23 September 2013 04:34 PM

It’s one of the great classics of the ‘80s, imo (and one of only 34 films that got 5/5 in my book)! Thumbs Up

Oh, come on, you’re saying it for every other movie! Let’s see the list!

(just kidding Grin)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Don’t tempt me. All it takes is a single visit to IMDb for me. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Aww, come on, Tim!  An all-time favorite movie thread would be fun.

Diego,
I was 13 when “Stand by Me” was a hit single.  Middle school dances were awkward at the best of times, and I was awkward most of the time at that age.  I mostly stood and watched.  I was a bit more poised in high school or as poised as anyone looks doing the Twist, the Mashed Potato, and the Pony.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

TimovieMan - 23 September 2013 04:34 PM

The prizes are excellent, Diego!  The song “Stand by Me” brings back fond (and not so fond) memories of school dances.  I’ve never seen the movie and didn’t realize that a very young Wil Wheaton was in it.  Thanks for hosting this one.  The captions were fantastic!

I heartily recommend the movie! It’s one of the great classics of the ‘80s, imo (and one of only 34 films that got 5/5 in my book)! Thumbs Up
Btw, it also features a very young and overweight (!) Jerry O’Connell! Grin

That movie is fantastic, definitly in my Top 5 Stephen King Adaptions and probably fairly high on an all time great movies list.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 23 September 2013 05:33 PM

Aww, come on, Tim!  An all-time favorite movie thread would be fun.

OK, fine. See here. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Great captions, great round, great prizes, well done everyone!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Great Round everyone and Great prices Diego.

I totally agree that intense’s party deserves a special prize.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

Many funny screens guys ! Laughing
And that 3 in 1 costume is perfect for this year’s Halloween !  Wink Laughing

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you diego for hosting, the interesting screenshots & the wacky prizes! Congratulations to the winners & to everyone else that entered as I just loved all of the captions! Thank you for my prize of ‘Stand by Me’ - I just love that song! Also the Zombie Guybrush that probably scares me more than any kids I know but I’m sure the 3 in 1 costume will do the trick there!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Caption Contest #35: Scenes from Daedalic Entertainment’s Games;
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout, The Night of The Rabbit, Chaos on Deponia ,and A New beginning .

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Edna: “Btw, I just wet the bed. Sleep tight!”

Jeremiah: “Have you seen my top hat?”

The archeological dig was going as planned until the cops showed up and arrested Rufus for indecent exposure.

Bent: “If relaxing is all you’re going to do, then you’re on your own in this mission!”

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Peeping Tom (in the top left corner) had expected more from his peek in the girls’ bedroom…

The Olympic Committee was outraged at the lack of respect for the Olympic Torch.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lilly after noticing that the boy hiding back there confronted Edna calmly ‘Sorry Enda but that is it!, I am leaving you’

Rufus was absolutely sure that the frozen man had a propose and would flush as soon as he was done.

Zobraks was worried that Fien had given up on Adventure Gaming and decided to get to the bottom of it

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 28 September 2013 07:26 AM

Edna: “One day Lilly you will understand the full meaning of a boy offering to help you with your embroidery but not this day so NO! - I’m not getting up to go for a walk!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top